Jim’s MI-5 and the Friday Fill-in 28Posted by in General
1. Tell us a story about something that happened in your childhood. I recently remembered something from my childhood and that inspired this question.
Hmmm just a random childhood story? Well let me tell you this one: When my dad took me to my first INDY race at Laguna Seca I was really excited. He had gotten us paddock passes so we could wander around the garage area which I absolutely loved. He had lots of friends who worked/volunteered with SCRAMP (Sports Car Racing Association of the Monterey Peninsula) and one of them offered to let us walk down the hot pits one of the morning that we were there. That REALLY excited me. I can’t remember if I was 15 and you had to be 16 or if I was 16 and you had to be 18…but I was just a tad younger than I should have been to be able to walk down the hot pits. When the guy said to my dad…she is (what ever age you had to be- 16 or 18) right? My dad said NO! I was so disappointed. There was no way anyone would have known and it wasn’t like they were using the pits yet…it was way early in the morning. I was soo disappointed. He doesn’t even remember that…but I do. It’s ok though…I still had a blast in the garage area and I got to meet Danny Sullivan and Scott Pruett and AJ Foyt…it was uber cool anyway. But it could have been way cooler.
2. Did you have a favorite story as a child?
I had many…but the one I asked to be read the most was the little golden book called THE WAIT-FOR-ME KITTEN…and if you happen across a copy of the little hardback version of this book in your travels…buy it for me…I promise I will pay you for it. I have been looking and have only been able to find a softback version…
3. Have you ever been sold on effective advertising only to find out the product was less than you expected?
Oh sure…who hasn’t.
4. Do you have any vacation plans this summer? Weekend away plans?
I have a road trip in three weeks. I am renting a car (because the Rav is STILL having illusive starting issues) and driving off to meet BFM somewhere. We will be having lots of fun and I hope to have lots of pictures and stories to tell you about when I get back. Bill…will you be one of my guest posters?
5. Do you have any summertime traditions?
Not really. Every fourth of July we sit in the backyard and make smores over a little tiny webber and watch the neighbors shoot off illegal fireworks til the cops come and take them away. It must be a tradition because BFM asked me if we would be doing smores again this year
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the book I’m most looking forward to reading this summer
2. Dogs are a woman’s best friend too.
3. Calico is a town I’d like to explore.
4. Silly people make me laugh and that is a great thing.
5. I’m longing to go an my roadtrip.
6. Insects are so scary!
7. What are you doing this weekend? Tonight I’m looking forward to my dad’s shoulder surgery being over, tomorrow my plans include going to the post office and Sunday, I want to watch the race (I know what a surprise huh?)!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.