G’s 25 days of Christmas MI-(2)5Posted by in General
G says: Since we are in the full swing of the holiday season (yes, it’s almost time to start panicking if you haven’t started yet) I thought I would base my questions on traditions. But I’m also doing things a wee bit different. Instead of just five questions, I’m offering 25. You can do this anyway you’d like. If you have the time, it would be great to see all 25 questions answered. But if you’re seriously pressed for time, just pick five you would like to answer. And again, based on your time constraints, try to limit the one-word responses. For me, these Friday 5 questions offer an opportunity to get to know a little bit about you. Anyway, I’ll stop for now. Just do want you can do.
- Do you usually use wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper…I LOVE to wrap presents.
- Is your tree a real tree or is it artificial? Real…although I am going to admit we don’t have one yet.
- If you do put a tree up, when do you usually do this? Usually weekend after Thanksgiving…
- When do you take your tree down? Any specific reason for this – tradition etc? As soon as Christmas is over- sometimes as early as late on Christmas Day. Its just always been that way.
- What about eggnog? Do you like it? Any special ingredients added? Don’t like it…bleck.
- Do you have a nativity scene? A menorah? A nativity scene
- What was a special (or favorite) gift you received as a child? I can think of two…the first one would be my favorite Bike when I was a kid….it was orange and yellow and I LOVED that Bike. The other was after my maternal grandparents moved from here to Alabama…they went to Talladega (on purpose just for me) and bought me a video of Richard Petty and a bunch of souvenirs. It was really cool that they went through that trouble.
- Who is your hardest person to buy for? Why? My brother…because I always want to get people the perfect gift and I have trouble decided what he would like the most :/
- Who is your easiest person to buy for? That would be a tie between my mom and BFM
- Do you send Christmas (or holiday) cards? Email or snail mail? Yes…via snail mail
- What was the worst Christmas present you ever received? A sweater vest.
- What is your favorite holiday movie? The Grinch, Home Alone (only the first one),
- When do you start your holiday shopping? I usually start around September or so and I am usually very done by now with my presents wrapped and under the tree…this year…I am about half done and nothing is wrapped…because there is no tree to put them under yet.
- Have you ever recycled a present? Yes isn’t that the purpose of white elephant gift exchanges?
- What is your favorite thing to eat during the holidays? Anything Sweet Potato
- What about the lights on your tree – colored, clear, mixed? Colored
- What is your favorite Christmas/holiday song? Sarajevo 12/24 by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Do you travel or stay home for the holidays? Stay home…I wait to travel after
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid Donner Blitzen and Rudolph
- What goes on the top of your tree? Angel, star, squirrel? Usually an Angel….sometimes a star.
- Do you open presents on Christmas Eve, or Christmas morning? Both. Extended family on Christmas Eve and immediate family on Christmas Morning.
- What’s the most annoying thing about this time of year? Not having the spirit but wanting it.
- Will you attend a religious service this Christmas season? Probably not
- What would you really like to receive on Christmas this year? A stress free Christmas gathering.
- And finally just to see if you’re paying attention, in A Charlie Brown Christmas, what does Lucy want for Christmas? Doesn’t she want a Shiny Aluminum Christmas Tree? Its been years…
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.