Attitude AdjustmentPosted by in General
Remember when I was recapping the DOVER race early this week and I mentioned off-handedly that I had read Tony’s transcript from the Friday media session and I deemed him “grumpy”? Well my turn to be “grumpy” was this last Thursday. It was a day long event and I will spare you most of the details but here are some highlights just to give you an idea as to some of the grump-making:
- Woke up after a full night’s sleep even more tired then when I went to bed. Why did I feel so unrested? I had a night FULL of vivid yet fairly stupid dreams.
- Someone ate one of my lunches and my yogurts out of the work fridge.
- I locked myself out of my office. Again.
- I spilled a nearly full bottle of water all over my desk- including on some paperwork.
- My keyless entry clicker thing that unlocks and locks my car? Decided not to work temporarily. It’s only a year and a half old or so- seriously no reason to not work.
Anyway I could lengthen the list but that gives you a small snippet into why I happened to be on the grumpy side on Thursday. I am pretty sure if you had run across me out and about on Thursday you would have been able to take just one look at me and know that you should probably just steer clear. I envision myself looking like a cartoon character with a distinct and pronounced frown and a dark cloud following me and maybe even a little steam coming off my head. But I digress.
Needless to say- someone would probably say I could have used a serious attitude adjustment. And they wouldn’t have been too far from the truth. And that evening I got that attitude adjustment I needed. It was two part. Part one was chatting with BFF-M at the end of the day. That is always a nice little pick me up.
The other was from a song. A Shooter Jennings song to be exact. Now I have to tell you that I really have no experience listening to Shooter Jennings but I recently aquired one of his CDs to review for Amazon. And it happened to be in the care on the way home and it just happened on Manifesto No. 1. And it was like an instant attitude adjustment. I have never heard the song before but I LOVED it. So here is a live version on Youtube. I hope you like it too.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.