How I Pack For A Race…Posted by in General
The first thing you need to know about me is that I am a notorious overpacker. I can be gone for two days and feel the need to take with me half of my wardrobe. I know I am an overpacker and I can’t help myself. So what I take to a race is just one of those plastic backpacks that everyone takes. All tracks I have been to so far don’t seem to have an issue with them (of course mine is a Tony Stewart one). I usually end up bringing way too much stuff to a track too but here is a list of everything I manage to stuff into my little plastic backpack:
- poncho (what if it rains?)
- Sunscreen (somewhere between spf 50 and 100 and its reapplied several times)
- Chapstick or lipbalm with spf in it.
- CellPhone (why I dunno…it’s not like I could hear it ring if I wanted to).
- Keys (especially important if I am the driver)
- At least one digital camera..sometimes two.
- At least one spare chip and one spare battery for the camera. Sometimes an extra camera lense.
- Digital camera brush and cloth for dusty conditions.
- wallet (and everything that goes with one of those including id and money)
- Hand Sanitizer (both gel and wipe form)
- extra set of contacts
- contact lens drops
- my glasses
- face wipes
- A sharpie
- A pen
- a note pad (you never know when you need to write something down)
- Those little crystal light packets to add in water
- A big bottle of water
That’s all jammed in one of those little plastic driver backpacks. How I do it I don’t know. Maybe next race I go to I will take a picture of it all stuffed in the poor little thing.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.