Points Race 20- The Brickyard (Allstate) 400Posted by in General
This weekend had me watching the race at THE NASCAR CAFE in Las Vegas with my BFF. This is the second race I would have watched there and let me tell you this: the NASCAR CAFE has changed a lot in less than a year…and it’s not for the better. First off they changed the menu drastically. Secondly- they closed the top part of the restaurant…which was always my favorite place to sit. Now you have to sit downstairs by the bar- that sucks too. And lastly? They have stopped doing the thing where you pay a ten dollar cover and get free cola and are entered in a drawing.
Also? They have this huge burrito. I mean I think I heard it has 27000 calories (no that isn’t a mistake). And if you can eat it all- it’s free. Well each time a person decided to try it…they interrupt the race for it…and march it around the bar. Um NO! We were there to watch the race. Not watch a burrito parade.
Anyway- I was glad to see Tony not only qualified in the top ten but that he was able to remain in the top ten through most of the race. I was glad to see him pass Biffle late in the race to take over third. He retained his points lead over a new second place – Jimmie Johnson. Teammate Ryan Newman finished 14th retaining his 7th position in the overall points standing.
- One of the things I love about the racing at Indy is the pageantry. It’s much like Daytona that way. I think ESPN did a great job by incorporating the driver intros into the broadcast.
- In my rush to get to Vegas on Thursday I didn’t think to DVR the Stewart HotPass channel. Urg.
- Interesting Observation One: While at the cafe, when Junior blew an engine? The whole place errupted in CHEERS! I was shocked- normally there would be a collective AWWW MAN or something but not cheers for Juniors misfortune. I was not shocked however, when the place erupted into cheers when Kyle Busch crashed.
- Interesting Observation two: Conversation heard at the table behind us during the last five laps of the race: Friend One: GO JJ GO! Friend Two: Who’s in the 5 car? Friend One: Uh I dunno some guy. Of course this was right before Friend Two referred to Jimmie Johnson as junior. I am not sure if they were just not really NASCAR fans or if they were drunk…in Vegas it could be either.
- Ok…I have been saying for a long time that I didn’t get the “She’s From Russia” version of the Tony Stewart/ Old Spice commercial. I REALLY don’t get the talking with food in his mouth commercial. It’s rather gross.
Next weekend we are back at that evil little triangle track Pocono already. Tony won there last race…can he do it agan?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.