Another Delicious Sponsor for SHR…And Other Nascar NotesPosted by in General
Stewart-Haas racing announced yesterday a new sponsorship with Oreo and Ritz. Stewart will be sponsored by Ritz crackers- and will wear the logo on the chest of his firesuit as well as the B-Post of his car. Teammate Newman will wear the oreo logo on his firesuit and on the B-Post of his car as well. To kick off the new sponsorship- Stewart will drive the number 5 Ritz/Oreo car in the Nationwide race at Daytona this February. It is the only Nationwide series race Stewart plans on running this season. Tony tends to finish well in the Nationwide race at Daytona.
This comes after a November announcement that both teams will be sponsored by TORNADOS as well. Will these guys ever have to buy food again?
In other off-season NASCAR Notes:
- Elliott Sadler announced that he will be running several races in the Camping World Truck series for owner Kevin Harvick in addition to his normal cup schedule.
- Casey Mears married Tricia Grablander. The pair have a daughter- Samantha.
- The festival of Speed and Sound is happening this weekend in Nashville- pairing drivers and country artists in a festival for fans. Wish I could be there.
- It has been rumored that NASCAR is considering going back to having a spoiler on the rear of the car and getting rid of the COT’s trademark wing in an effort to keep the cars from getting airborn. I bet Carl Edwards, Ryan Newman, Joey Logano, and Mark Martin are all for it. It is rumored that this could happen as soon as the first races at Martinsville or Bristol.
- Travis Kvapil will be driving for Front Row Motorsports in the 2010 season.
- Jimmie Johnson and his wife Chandra have announced that they are expecting a baby sometime in July. Congratulations Jimmie and Chandra.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.