A while back I read a book hoping to use it to spur kind of a NASCAR-themed Bucket list (review of 100 Things NASCAR Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die is here) as I had been kicking around the idea of publishing one here on the blog. The book wasn’t quite what I expected, however the idea of my NASCAR Bucket List has been rolling around in the back of my brain since then. Some of these are simple and straight forward and may actually happen “one day”. Some of these will never ever happen and I know and accept that. So without further ado my list :
- Attend the Prelude To The Dream.
- See a race in person at Martinsville.
- See a race in person in Charlotte.
- See a race in person at Bristol.
- See a race in person at Indianapolis. (Ok so the list of tracks I would love to watch could go on and on so I am going to limit it to
- Tour race shops in Charlotte (related to number 2).
Interview Jeff Gordon for this website in the same manner we have Tony Stewart.Completed- see interview here. Tour a hauler at the track (and no I am not talking a merchandise hauler). The haulers always have fascinated me and I would like to be inside one…just to peek.Kinda completed- it wasn’t really an official tour- but I did get to walk through one and sit in the back office with Misty during the Jeff Gordon Interview.
- Stand on top of a hauler during practice. This will probably never happen because even IF it was offered to me I probably honestly wouldn’t do it…being majorly afraid of heights and all. Still a part of me wants to do it.
- Attend a race with access to a VIP hospitality suite. I want to see how the other half watch a race. Hey a girl can dream right?.
- Camp at a track- but my definition of camp is: Have access to a very nice motor home/trailer with all the amenities of home so I don’t have to visit that very scary looking group shower trailer I saw in the campgrounds at Las Vegas that one time I went through the campgrounds in a golf cart with Brad Keselowski (Yeah still can’t believe Misty and I got to do that- it was SOOO fun)!
- Drive to my favorite track (Phoenix) in a Chevy Camaro and blog about the experience. I don’t have a Chevy Camaro and renting one is a bit cost prohibitive for the thrill of writing a couple of blogs about the Camaro. Ever since the Camaro has come out I have this vision of me driving it Phoenix (picking Misty up along the way in Vegas) and taking pics of the car along the route. Plus California car rental places tend to put a cap on the miles you can drive without incurring a fee- and it’s a long way to Phoenix.
- Stand on the spotters stand- just to see the view. Spotters have always fascinated me as well. This will probably never happen either because of that wicked fear of heights…they would probably laugh me off the stand because I would have a death grip on the rail (there is a rail right?) and panic in my eyes (possibly along with tears- it just happens I can’t help it sometimes no matter how much I try. I told you all about the time I decided it was time to get over my fear by going up to the observation deck of the mock Eiffel tower in Las Vegas right? I ended up panicking in the elevator stuffed with people on the way up AND people in the elevator LAUGHED AT ME- which only made it worse. I was in full tears by the time we reached the deck. I did manage to get out of the elevator but I was miserable and just wanted to go back down).
- Do a ride-along with Tony. But this is going to sound really weird but I would want to do it in a street car and not a NASCAR. Kinda like that thing that Carl Edwards did for the Ford commercial here…but with Tony Stewart and a Chevy (Camaro? Vette?). If this were to ever happen- I would have to warn Tony that it probably wouldn’t take much before I would be squealing like the girl that I am and screeching “Far too fast…far too fast.”
- Sit in a garage stall during practice and watch them work on a car. Any would do but of course you would know that I would like to do it with Tony’s crew best. Just sit in a corner and watch and listen (and knowing me bite my tongue not to ask questions).
Interview Tony Stewart for this website.completed multiple times (interview One, Two, Three) Ride around in a golf cart with Brad Keselowski delivering beer to fans while Misty interviews him as we speed around the camp grounds.Ok so that probably would have honestly never been on my bucket list- only because I would have never thought that would actually happen to me…but it did so I think I should be able to tick it off- but this really happened!
Gratuitous Tony Stewart picture that really has nothing to do with the post…I just like the picture:
So what would YOUR NASCAR bucket list include? Did I miss something that you have done that is completely awesome?
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.