10 More Things About Daytona & Tony Stewart’s Win (It’s Like Watching A Horror Movie)Posted by in General | NASCAR
In my excitement after Tony took the checkered flag after a drama filled Daytona- I had forgotten a couple things that I wanted to mention- but then I watched this video recap from Showtime’s InsideNASCAR and remembered them:
- Tony’s crew chief Steve Addington was SO excited after the race that I didn’t recognize his voice over the HOTPASS. I was wondering who it was…but clearly from this video’s angle (I was on DirecTV HotPass so I heard it while watching Tony’s incar camera) it was Steve. Steve seems so even keeled on the radio normally that the fact that he got so excited tickled me pink!
- Speaking of Steve Addington- there is a nice “Meet The Crew” Spotlight on him over on the OfficeDepotRacing.com website. Check it out. Then while you are there download some new wallpaper for your computer. I did!
- I had forgotten how much I loved it when Tony proclaimed that looking in his review mirror was “like watching a horror movie!” It was for me too Tony! I am lucky I didn’t suffer brain damage from holding my breath the last 20 laps.
- The fact that Tony was able to break up the draft of Matt Kenseth/Greg Biffle there at the end? That was totally AWESOME. Then to watch him power by Matt Kenseth for the lead on the outside? That right there was DAYS OF THUNDER AWESOME! And yes there is a big difference between AWESOME and DAYS OF THUNDER AWESOME.
- I still think Jimmie Johnson took a pretty hard hit crashing into the inside retaining wall there. Yikes. I cringe every time I see it.
- Shwew- I am so glad that Tony retained fifth in points after being penalized 6 points for the whole air duct / hose thing. I initially thought it would drop him to somewhere around 8th…but then I realized I was looking at the already updated points.
- I admit I was a little disappointed that Tony didn’t get to do a burn out because of all the wrecked cars! I LOVE burnouts! But he WON and that is what matters. I was hoarse the rest of the night from yelling at the TV (and I wasn’t the only one yelling) for Tony.
- My dog hates it when Tony is in position for the lead at the end of races. I think me jumping off the couch and yelling at the TV scares the heck out of her and she runs and hides. Poor thing. Doesn’t stop me though- I can’t help myself. Daytona was no different. I flew off the couch hollering at the TV and Roxy flew down the hall to her hiding spot.
- Here is a great article on Tony: Why NASCAR Champ Tony Stewart Is Larger Than Life! Read it. Now.
- Ok this has nothing to do with Daytona or Tony’s win but I needed a 10th and this IS Tony Stewart related at least: On the OfficeDepotRacing.com website someone asked Tony who he would like to play him in a movie? His answer: Samuel L. Jackson. Um…no. That’s all I will say.
A Tony Stewart Picture (Do I Need A Reason? Didn’t Think So!):
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.