Yep- it’s that time for the stuff that has been rolling around in my brain bucket like loose lugnuts in a pitstall after a green flag pitstop:
1. In case you weren’t aware- it’s voting time for Most Popular Driver again! I know every dang year that Dale Jr wins..but it doesn’t stop me from casting my vote for Tony Stewart every day (you can vote once a day). Bookmark it and make it a part of your morning routine like I have.
2. There is a well-put together, touching piece by IndyCar driver Tony Kanaan published in the Player’s Tribune (yes Derek Jeter’s publication) called Why We Race. Any race fan should give it a read.
3. In case you missed it, last week’s Darlington edition of ROAR Magazine had a short article about Tony Stewart called: Wearing Many Hats: Stewart Has A Deep Love of Motorsports. WE all know he does but I thought I would pass along the link just in case you missed it.
4. Last Friday lawyers for Tony released their potential witness list to the courts for the court case. For the most part- it would be what I (who has virtually no litigation experience) would expect. With one exception: Chad Johnston was apparently at the track and was a witness to the accident. So this accident isn’t just effecting Tony…you can’t tell me it’t not effecting Chad too. I don’t care whether you are pro-Johnston, ambivilent-Johnston, or anti-Johnston witnessing something like that will effect you and I wouldn’t want to wish witnessing an accident of that nature on anyone. The fact that it’s his friend and driver that was involved just adds to that. I have to say I really feel for Chad having to deal with that as well as Tony.
5. Ever dream of seeing your name on a race car? Here is your chance to do it while supporting a great cause. For a $25 dollar donation you can get your name (or the name of a friend or loved one) on the hood of Joey Gase’s Xfinity car for the October Charlotte Xfinity race (and if you are going to the race- your donation also entitles you to a special party with Joey Gase. Proceeds will be split evenly between the American Cancer Society and St. Judes). Check out the GoFundMe for more information and to donate today. You have only until September 30th to sign up. And if you happen to be at the Xfinity race in Charlotte look for BadGroove.Com to be on Joey’s car!
6. I know I have been complaining about the NASCAR Mobile ap for years- but this year it seems to constantly drop me out of the race (and yes I have tried reinstalling it and the ap is set up to update automatically). I decided to keep track of these random quits during the Southern 500. My ap quit on me 17 times during the course of the race. Yeah it’s quite annoying. Here are the laps around which it quit on me: 41, 55, 93, 110, 134, 158, 165, 188, 191, 210, 233, 266, 270, 281, 301, 320, 350. Now if only someone could FIX this issue.
7. While not necessarily NASCAR related- one of my favorite magazines, Mental Floss, released this infographic of the most popular car manufacturer by state. It’s interesting to me. Apparently I live in the wrong state as three of my four cars have been Chevys!
The Gratuitous Tony Stewart Pictures:
Previous volumes of: Loose Lugnuts
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.