Well looks like the lugnuts are pinging around that pitbox I call a brain again:
1. Did you hear? BadGroove is having a contest and you can enter to win some Tony Stewart swag. Pay special attention to the part about how you can earn a bonus entry on Saturday.
2. So it sounds like the new lugnut rule is in action- Crew Chief of the #18 Adam Stevens and the front tire changer Josh Leslie have been suspended through May 18th for a lugnut violation. Additionally Stevens has been fined $20,000. This according to a tweet from Dustin Long. I hate to say it but it’s been pretty obvious that the teams can’t police themselves when it comes to lugnuts so I expect to see more of these fines in the future. It’s a safety issue. You wouldn’t drive your passenger car down the freeway at 65 MPH (or higher- come on you know you don’t go the speed limit) missing lugnuts, explain to me why it’s safe for a stock car going 150 plus MPH (depending on the track) to do that on a race track? It’s common sense.
3.It was great to see the 14 lead a few (ok 12) laps on Saturday. I hope to see that Code 3 Associates Chevy in victory lane this weekend. I can’t be the only one right? Speaking of Code 3 Associates did you know that they in conjunction with Adam’s Flea and Tick Pest control are offering you a sweepstakes where you can win a VIP race experience including the chance to meet Tony Stewart? Enter today!
4. Tony’s lead has slipped three percentages points in the All Stars of Giving All Sports United 2016 Humanitarian of the Year contest. Keep voting daily (you can vote three times a day I think) for Tony. The winner will get a $10,000 prize for the cause they champion. Our votes will help the Tony Stewart Foundation accelerate change by winning this prize! To vote for Tony just click on his page for the contest. Then all you have to do is click the orange thumbs up icon and then confirming your vote! VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!
5. I tweeted this out but I wanted to share another great Rookie Stripes article from Skirts and Scuff’s writer Logan Stewart- This week she gives the lowdown on how to meet your favorite driver at the race track. She says the same thing that I say when I am asked this question…give it a read (and wear comfortable shoes when you go). Be sure to check it out!
6. Just in case you missed the Kansas scanner chatter- here it is. Gotta love Tony:
Gratuitous Tony Stewart Picture:
I have had this look on my face before…
Previous Loose Lugnut’s post.
If you want to take part in Project: Smoke In My Eyes there is still time. Check out the link for more information.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.