Well it’s an off week for the NASCAR races this week…but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t stuff pinging around my head like lugnuts during a green flag pit stop.
1. Last week we talked about Brad Keselowski’s comments about Jeff Gordon being in the booth. Afterwards Jeff Gordon interviewed Brad about his comments. You can see that interview here:
2. Speaking of Jeff Gordon- there is a biography of Jeff coming out in October that I can’t wait to get my hands on it. You can be sure that this book (Jeff Gordon: His Dream, Drive & Destiny, scheduled to release October 18th, by author Joe Garner) will be reviewed for Amy’s #NASCAR Reading List if I have to buy the sucker myself. You can read and excerpt here and order it from the Jeff Gordon store and get some extra digital behind-the-scenes goodies as well as a poster shipped with your book.
3. One more Jeff Gordon tidbit I wanted to point out today before we move on is this article on Popular Speed about the author’s personal experience with Jeff Gordon and his personal experience interview Jeff about his foundation. It’s a good read: WAID’S WORLD: How a Meeting With Gordon Lifted One Man’s Spirit
4. I wanted to share another great article from Kristen Schneider of Skirts and Scuffs. This one is about FoxSports1′s Danielle Trotta. It’s a great read: Danielle Trotta Talks Television, Breaking Barriers, and Giving Back. You know that I am a huge fan of Skirts and Scuffs and this article is another shining example of why.
5. I think Tony Stewart has a great understanding of social media as evidenced in this video from Mobil 1:
8. Don’t forget if you are going to be in Sonoma and want to meet Tony Stewart- check out the special VIP Experience at Sonoma Raceway that the Tony Stewart Foundation has put together for diehard Tony fans. It’s one of those once-in-a-lifetime type deals and I suggest that you sign up today!!
9. Speaking of the Tony Stewart Foundation if you are planning to be at Eldora Speedway on July 20th for the NASCAR Camping World Truck series race you might want to keep checking the Tony Stewart Foundation website because they plan on soon taking spot reservations for the “Flip It For Good” Attempt to get into the Guiness Book Of World Records for the largest game of Heads Or Tails that will feature Tony Stewart as the official Head Flipper. $10 will get you a reserved spot in the attempt that will take place on the little Eldora karting track prior to the event. Sounds like great fun…too bad I won’t be in Indiana until the 22nd! Grr.
10. Here is an article about the ThorSports Fire and clean up efforts from Fox Sports- they WILL be in Iowa this weekend! For those unaware ThorSports fields four trucks in the Camping World Truck series for drivers: Matt Crafton, Rico Abreu, Ben Rhodes and Cameron Hayley. The fire destroyed 40 percent of their race shop and they are currently working in a Kroger parking lot to get the trucks ready for Iowa.
11. And just because I can here is another episode of the Mobil 1 Endless Roadtrip with Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick and Kevin Harvick because…well “I’m Stahvin’”:
The Gratuitous Tony Stewart:
Previous Loose Lugnut’s post.
If you want to take part in Project: Smoke In My Eyes there is still time. Check out the link for more information.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.