So this is something I wrote before the race but forgot to make into a complete thought and publish it:
- During first practice Joey Logano smacked the wall again. He was fond of the wall in Daytona as well- smacking it several times in Florida. Sliced bread is more like flat bread…or humpty dumpty is my personal favorite.
- Also during first practice Jimmie Johnson was fastest with Jeff Gordon right behind him..way to go Hendrick. Now if we could only get Tony up there. (I know I know…its only practice).
- I wish I had seen this before I published my Twitter for NASCAR fans post: Its RaceDrive’s 99 best twitter accounts to follow for Motorsports Fans. Definitely worth a checkout.
- This is the first time I have watched a race on TV that is at a track I have actually been to. It was kinda weird. And it really made me wish I could be there.
- Ok- the pre-show needs to be cut down a bit. And I love watching the preshow but over an hour? Come on…get those boys on the track already.
- Rain made an appearance several times with a sprinkle here and there- throwing several cautions out – but no red flags- no stopping the race. They were able to fit in all 250 laps. Speaking of cautions- there were very few for non-water related reasons. Amazing.
- Tony seemed to be stuck most of the race. He didn’t seem like he could pass very well and just ended up 8th. Teammate Ryan Newman seemed to be having the same problem…only further back in the field. Of course that thingy falling off the wing during the yellow flag didn’t help.
- I don’t like hearing about Hendrick motor problems since they are who supplies Stewart-Haas with engines. It makes go GULP.
- I think Logano did better this weekend. He wasn’t up there in the thick of it- however- he kept his nose clean and didn’t slam into the wall or another car…what is it they say? To finish first you must first finish?
- When it was clear that Tony wasn’t going to fly up towards the front and win- I admit I was kinda cheering for Jeff Gordon on the inside.
Next Week’s Race: Las Vegas Motor Speedway…but expect my entry to be much later than normal.