First Friday Fill-in #107:
1. Enough with the klutziness I have recently.
2. Head vs Heart causes me to be conflicted.
3. I’ve been craving oatmeal cookies.
4. Two and a Half Men makes me laugh.
5. I wish I could go to on vacation next week.
6. The State budget crisis has been on my mind lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to listening to my father try to figure out why we only have power in half the house (sarcasm), tomorrow my plans include hiding under my bed and Sunday, I want to take a nap!
Bill’s Chicken Soup MI-5
Bill Sez: This fiver is inspired by a bowl of my beloved wife’s Chinese Chicken Noodle soup. Your answers need not be related to food.
1) Chicken. We Americans eat lots of chicken, yet we’ve bred them to have little flavor. What’s something you do in your life that you do even though it has little flavor? That is, what is something you continue to do, though you receive little fulfillment for it? This is the hardest question this week and I am really having a hard time coming up with something. The only thing I can think of is get sucked in to tv. I probably watch way more than I should.
2) Noodles. Who invented them, the Chinese or the Italians? Tell us about your cultural heritage. Of what decent are you? I don’t care who invented noodles but I am glad they did or we wouldn’t have spaghetti and lasagna. I am swiss german on my fathers side. More mixed on my mothers side including french and irish and more german.
3) Green onions. When I was a kid, I didn’t like onions. Now, I can’t get enough of them. What’s something you used to dislike, but now really like? Avocado.
4) Carrots. When I was a kid, I couldn’t eat carrots. Now, I can eat them, but I don’t really care for them too much. What’s something you never cared for as a child that you still don’t care for today? Porkchops
5) Broth. Without broth, you don’t have soup. What’s the thing that, if you didn’t have it, would make you not be you? Music is what popped into my head first.