I know there is an incredible amount of stress and worry in everyone’s lives right now because of the state of the economy. How are you dealing? I am imploring you- my readers, stumblers into my domain, and all else who end up at this entry for whatever reason- to share with me. There are times right now where I am completely and totally overcome and overwhelmed with the heaviness of fear and worry about things like my job, the jobs of my family and friends, that it is nearly paralysing to me because the “what-if” worrier in me takes over and says things like “what if you get laid off, and then what if you can’t find another job” and on and on until I have dug myself firmly into a spiraling black hole of worry and despair. It’s scary out there people. SCARY. How are you coping? Cuz I barely am.
Author Archives: Amy
The First Line MI-5: Lisa Sez: Take five different books, and type in the first line of each book. You can pick a book you just read, a book you are reading, and a book you want to read. You can use fiction, non-fiction, poetry, textbooks, whatever. If you want to create your own similarities among the five books, you can. However, you can pick any random five books you want, whether you have read them or not. DO NOT post the name of the book, nor the author. Only list the first line.
Over the next week, visit the blog of each MI-5’er. Make yourself post a comment. It can be any comment, with one exception: DO NOT TRY TO GUESS THE BOOK OR THE AUTHOR. This is to the keep the “surprise” for those of us who like to guess. You may indicate that you’ve read the book, that based upon the first line you’d like (or not like) to read the book, or you canindicate that you know the book (just don’t name the book or author).
Next Thursday or Friday, each MI-5’er should add the title and the author to their original entry.
1. When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house I had only two things on my mind, Paul Newman and a ride home.
2. When Uther Pendragon was king of England his vassal the Duke of Cornwall was reported to have committed acts of war against the land.
3. I was ninety nine percent sure I was dreaming.
4. “You must not tell anyone” my mother said “what I am about to tell you.”
5. Witch: When shall we three meet again- in thunder, lightning or rain?
And Now Friday Fill-In #108
1. Oh, I am so done with this week!
2. Learn to live with changes, big and little.
3. During a NASCAR RACE, I am quite animated.
4. WTH; are you kidding me???
5. Right now I’d like to be at a race.
6. My ipod is my favorite gadget.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to just going home, tomorrow my plans include catching up on chores I missed while sick last weekend and Sunday, I want to catch up on my dvring!
Remember this entry about trying the Rachel’s yogurt and spilling it all over my shirt because its all runny- and deciding to return to my regular yogurt (what ever is on sale?). Yeah I do too, mainly because I still have one Rachel’s yogurt left (you had to buy three for the coupon…and so far two of the three were runny so it wasn’t just a fluke).
Because of that post I got an email offer for my readers (you may have to download a coupon printer to access coupon). It’s a coupon for Yoplait who introducing two new flavors of their Light Thick and Creamy yogurts: Cinnamon Roll and Cherry Cobbler. The Cinnamon Roll is described as having an indulgent and rich with swirls of cinnamon-sweet flavor while the Cherry Cobbler is described as a smooth, comforting mix of tangy cherries and sweet buttermilk biscuit topping. I personally think they both sound decadent (my favorite currently is Key Lime Pie) and I can’t wait to try them. As soon as I try the new flavors I will let you all know what I think of them!
Work was absolutely insane yesterday. The first day of the semester and after a long weekend- they always are. It was good though because it made the day go by very quickly. Of course I have had TWO klutz moments at work that I will have to tell you about soon. But I digress…
The countdown to the DAYTONA 500 is at the under a month mark. Its starting to make me crazy because I can’t WAIT for the start of the 2009 season. I long for it the duels and the shootout. Even more…I long for the smells and sounds of the racetrack. I can not wait…its almost worse than waiting for Christmas. Ok- that was maybe a slight exaggeration, but at the very least it is about the same as waiting for Christmas- only thankfully, NASCAR lasts far longer!
For those protesting the fact that Tony Stewart was not going to be in the Bud Shootout this year, fear not. NASCAR revisited the rules of the Bud Shootout and allowed for several wildcard entries- that will allow for Tony Stewart to participate in the Shootout. I was thrilled to hear it frankly, because I wasn’t looking forward to a Stewartless Shootout.
Speaking of Tony, he will be attempting to qualify into the February 14th Nationwide race in a Hendrick Motorsports prepared entry, car #80. I hope he kicks butt.
Do you feel behind on the Stewart-Haas news? Feel this way no longer. Check out the Stewart Haas Fan site for all the news. We work hard to bring you up-to-date news on Tony, Ryan and the entire Stewart Haas organization. There is even a Stewart Haas fan twitter feed, because if you are like me- you live on twitter. Also- if you know wordpress and want to help out with the StewartHaas fan site- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Well both me and my email were sick this weekend. I spent a good portion of the three day weekend sick. As in in bed. When I wasn’t in bed I was throwing up…yeah probably TMI sorry for that. I don’t know if it was a little virus or food poisoning or what…but it was evil and it wasted a perfectly good 3 day weekend.
My email spam rules went a little haywire too…unfortunately before I realized so I may have lost some emails from you. IF I did please re-email me: badgruv @ netzero.com
First Friday Fill-in #107:
1. Enough with the klutziness I have recently.
2. Head vs Heart causes me to be conflicted.
3. I’ve been craving oatmeal cookies.
4. Two and a Half Men makes me laugh.
5. I wish I could go to on vacation next week.
6. The State budget crisis has been on my mind lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to listening to my father try to figure out why we only have power in half the house (sarcasm), tomorrow my plans include hiding under my bed and Sunday, I want to take a nap!
Bill’s Chicken Soup MI-5
Bill Sez: This fiver is inspired by a bowl of my beloved wife’s Chinese Chicken Noodle soup. Your answers need not be related to food.
1) Chicken. We Americans eat lots of chicken, yet we’ve bred them to have little flavor. What’s something you do in your life that you do even though it has little flavor? That is, what is something you continue to do, though you receive little fulfillment for it? This is the hardest question this week and I am really having a hard time coming up with something. The only thing I can think of is get sucked in to tv. I probably watch way more than I should.
2) Noodles. Who invented them, the Chinese or the Italians? Tell us about your cultural heritage. Of what decent are you? I don’t care who invented noodles but I am glad they did or we wouldn’t have spaghetti and lasagna. I am swiss german on my fathers side. More mixed on my mothers side including french and irish and more german.
3) Green onions. When I was a kid, I didn’t like onions. Now, I can’t get enough of them. What’s something you used to dislike, but now really like? Avocado.
4) Carrots. When I was a kid, I couldn’t eat carrots. Now, I can eat them, but I don’t really care for them too much. What’s something you never cared for as a child that you still don’t care for today? Porkchops
5) Broth. Without broth, you don’t have soup. What’s the thing that, if you didn’t have it, would make you not be you? Music is what popped into my head first.
Ok- so for breakfast I like yogurt- which I tend to mix in cheerios. Its quick and easy for me and handy to eat at my desk at work. I usually just buy whatever yogurt is on sale as long as its not that fruit on the bottom kind (although in desperate times I will buy that and mix it together). My very favorite is Yoplait Thick And Creamy or whatever it is called. Anyway- lately I had been seeing these Rachel’s Yogurts in my dairy case. They really stand out because they are in black containers and they have very…exotic flavors. Well there was a coupon in the paper the otherday and I decided what the heck- I am going to try ‘em. I belly up to the yogurt bar so to speak and decide on Pomegranate Blueberry mostly because I can not wrap myself around eating a yogurt that has lavendar in it. I don’t like the way lavendar smells I am pretty sure I won’t like the way it tastes either.
I brought it in this morning and opened it up. The first thing that happened is that the top does not pull of easy -which resulted in purplish yogurt spatter on my shirt. Arg. Then I notice- after getting it open- why it splattered so easy. Its got to be the most liquidy yogurt ever. Not to mention the taste is kind of strong. I am sticking with the cheap stuff.
So, I got an email from a rude cactus (I had to type it that way because it sounds like the beginning of a really bad joke). It was letting me know that today is DELURKING DAY 2009! Happy day…I love delurking day. Delurking Day is the day I sit here and try to cajole all you readers into stopping by and saying Hello in my comments section. So please feel free to say Hello, Top Of The Morning To You, or anything else really. It doesn’t have to be anything earth shattering or mind blowing. Just a simple “Heya Amy I stop by here and read you sometimes because one day I was searching the internet for XYZ and found your blog and now I am morbidly curious so I stop by every once in a blue moon to see what further asinine things you are publishing on the web for the world to see.” Or you know…a simple “Hello” will suffice. Either way we are all good!
Seriously though….if you have come through here today-even by some strange happenstance or odd google search string. Say hello. Maybe you will like it here and want to come back and sit a spell with me.