- Have you seen Tony’s 2009 car? It’s a little too red for me. I was hoping for a color more like the old spice nationwide car…the nice deep deep red color with some sparkle to it. The new car is a little flat red for me. Although I must say I do like the Office Depot color scheme a tad more than the old spice one. But I suppose I will get use to it. While the sponsors should not be a surprise to anyone with their ear to the NASCAR rumor mill grindstone…I can say that I practically live in Office Depot…(its because of my fetish for pens…and paper…and post-it notes…but mostly pens) so that isn’t a bad thing.
- Speaking of Tony…I do NOT have sirius radio..my car unfortunately was equipped with xm when I bought it (I WISH it had sirius…althought then I would have to figure out a way to drive around for 2 hours on mondays afterwork so I could listen)…so what I get from his radio show come completely from the little online snippets they post weekly on the Tony Stewart Live Web Page. I have to say his comments about the Milka/Danica argument were HIL.AR.IOUS!! My favorite part? When he said you could time Milka’s laps with a sun dial! That caused me to laugh so loudly my coworker came to see what I was listening to. I actually had to say ITS A NASCAR TIHNG…YOU WOULDN’T UNDERSTAND.
- Sounds like Mike Greci will serve as Martin Truex, Jr’s interim crew chief since DEI’s appeal was denied. Greci comes most recently from the Camping World East series where he serves as DEI director to their series program. You would have thought that these teams would remember that NASCAR does not like fudging with the COT template. They were clear about this from way back to Infineon in 2007 remember?
- Judging by practice speeds Tony is not on his game at Indy. What is up with that? I was really hoping for team home depot to be able to pull a win here. I mean it IS just practice but its Indy and I want Tony to win!
- Speaking of Indy…who decided that 7 am (pacific time) was a good time for qualifying. That’s a tad early for me on a Saturday.
Author Archives: Amy
I can’t believe I almost forgot the friday fill-in #82:
1. I believe whatever doesn’t kill you makes you smarter.
2. If you’re good at something, keep doing it.
3. Why so glum today?
4. Something is out there, it’s gopher holes waiting to trip me up.
5. If my life were a sitcom, it would be titled Life Behind the Help Desk.
6. Sitting on my
back front porch [if you don't have one, use your imagination] I see the neighborhood kids riding their bikes- “Hey you…stay away from my car!”.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going home, tomorrow my plans include possibly babysitting…definite sleeping in and Sunday, I want to watch the Brickyard 400!
First Beloved’s Birthday MI-5:
Beloved Sez: This week we will be celebrating all 3 of our children’s July birthday’s, so that is the inspiration for this week’s questions.
1. What is your most vivid childhood birthday memory? I just remember the tradition we had in our family in that the birthday person got to choose the meal of their choice on their birthday. Anything they wanted.
2. What is your most favorite adult birthday moment? When BFM came to Cali the year after she moved and surprised me on my BDAY. It was the best BDAY ever.
3. Does any gift that you’ve ever received for a birthday stand out? Unfortunately my birthday is only three weeks after Christmas so a lot of times the gifts themselves run together and I am unable to distinguish if something from the wayback was a birthday present or a christmas present. My birthday this year I got the Huskyliners for my HHR. That was cool.
4. Did you ever have a theme birthday as a child? If so, what was your favorite? I don’t recall ever having one as a child. I do remember that for awhile before BFM moved and even for awhile after we had a birthday trip thing, where we would take each other somewhere for our birthdays. I remember going to roaring camp for BFMs. And Alcatraz once for her too. For me I remember the trip to Knotts Berry Farm the most because on my way down to Vegas? It snowed on me.
5. Talk about a birthday milestone (e.g. 16, 21, 40, etc). I don’t really remember doing anything special on my milestone birthdays…except now I try to avoid talk of the oldness.
And something I stole from Lisa: All About ME:
1. What time is it? 4:37 pm
2. What’s your full name? Amy (middle and last name withheld)
3. What are you most afraid of? I have a whole list of fears including bees, spiders, mosquitoes, heights and characters at theme parks.
4. What is the most recent movie that you have seen on bootleg? Egad I can’t even remember…probably back in the days of VHS
5. Place of birth? Salinas, CA
6. Favorite food? Depends on my mood. An easier question would be least favorite foods.
7. What’s your natural hair color? dark mousy blonde that I have highlighted.
8. Ever been to rock concert? Heck yeah. I have seen: Slaughter and Nelson more times that I can remember, Cinderella (several times), Poison (several times), Dokken, Dream Theater, Pearl Jam, Henry Rollins, Tesla, The GooGoo Dolls, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, Robert Plant, Ted Nugent (several times), Aerosmith, Bon Jovi (twice!), Kiss, LA Guns, Skid Row, Vince Neil, Warrant and that’s all I remember…but I know I am leaving some shows out…and those are just the Rock ones. I have seen country shows too…most notably there: Tim McGraw and Keith Urban.
9. Ever been skinny dipping? Once…when I was young enough not to know better.
10. Love someone so much it made you cry? Yes.
11. Been in a car accident? Yes. Someone ran a red light at Disneyland as we were leaving to come home and hit my Rav4 back when I owned one.
Read the rest of these in the extended entry.
When I am not obsessing about NASCAR, crocheting like a mad woman, trying to be the world’s best aunt, or reading…sometimes I will game. I have a desktop, a playstation 2 (that I have exactly 3 games for – soon to be 4), and a nintendo ds (in pink). I have gamed on all of them and I tend to prefer my nintendo ds…because I do love the portability factor. I totally suck at the playstation. The games I have? Nascar08 (I SUCK BIGTIME AT THIS GAME), FLATOUT2 (which I play the demolition derby on mostly and I love that…and am OK at that), and a recently purchased copy of NASCAR09 that I haven’t played because frankly? I am afraid of it…granted it didn’t stop me from buying it- but I am intimidated.
I have been eying GUITAR HERO for awhile now. I just couldn’t justify the guitar controller…the bundle was expensive and I worried that I would suck at it and hate it and just waste a bunch of money on something I didn’t like/want/need. Then a wonderful thing happened. They released GuitarHero On Tour for the Nintendo DS…the game isn’t even that pricey and it comes with an add-on appliance. Ohh this was exciting. I still hemmed and hawed about it. I looked at a couple of stores, but they sold out of it nearly as quickly as they got it in. Then I finally found it and bought it right there on the spot. How did I live without this game? I fell in love with it nearly right away. Its quick to learn yet still challenging.
A lifetime ago I got into the Sims. I loved the Sims (I am talking the original Sims). Sometimes? I would tear down houses just to rebuild new ones. Anyway, I would play it sometimes so much that I would “dream” in Sims. Meaning that the people in my dreams? Would have diamonds over their head to indicate their moods. It was really bizarre.
Last night? I dreamed in Guitar Hero. I could hear music and as I did- little blue, yellow, red and green disc shaped things were streaming towards me. It was even worse than when I dreamed in Sims.
As a side note…I am best at playing “All The Small Things” and can sometimes get 99% accuracy. My worst song? Nirvana’s “Breed.”
The Sunherald reports that we should expect another Stewart Haas racing during the Brickyard. This one should be a confirmation that Stewart will run the number 14 with cosponsors of Office Depot and Old Spice.
I, for one, am totally behind the number 14. Why? My bff is a Gordon fan…she was born on the 24th of her birth month…and I am a Stewart fan and was born on the 14th of my birth month (January for those over inquisitive readers). So see…it works out well for me.
Winners notified via email. More about this later.
Just a reminder that this is the last weekend you can enter to win my Full Throttle Adrenaline Giveaway.
Bill sez: Use this word equation, fill in the variable with each of the five words, and answer on your blog.”If I were an “X,” I’d be a (blank), and here’s why…” For the variable X, insert each of these:
1) Snack cake: If I were a snack cake I’d be a twinkie, because I would have quite the shelf-life plus a creamy filling.
3) Kitchen Utensil: If I were a kitchen utensil I’d be a whisk, because I would be whipping things into shape.
4) Famous Rich Person: If I were a famous rich person I’d be me, because I would still want to be myself…so I could know my friends and help them out with my richness.
5) Over the counter medicine: If I were an over the counter medicine I’d be psuedafed (the good stuff not the PE version), because you would have to ask for me at the counter, sign your life away to get me, and I would make you feel much much better.
1. If I could be a fly on the wall I would try my best to stay out of reach of the fly swatter.
2. Jealousy is something I struggle with sometimes.
3. When I see a shooting star my wish would be that I would be independently wealthy.
4. I’d rather be hot than cold any day!
5. Certain songs when I hear them make me wanna howl along (and no I am not exaggerating).
6. If time were in a bottle I would make sure I always had some extra on hand.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to going home and relaxing, tomorrow my plans include laundry and crocheting and Sunday, I want to crochet crochet crochet!