1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper!!!
2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL
3. When do you put up the tree? Depends…try to do it the weekend after Thanksgiving…sometimes that is too ambitious.
4. When do you take the tree down? Depends on garbage day.
5. Do you like eggnog? Not really
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Yellow and Orange bike
7. Hardest person to buy for? Changes year to year…this year it was my dad.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My Nephew.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can’t think of one (Beloved’s answer fits me too)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Carol
13. When do you start shopping? I usually start sometime around the beginning of September…unless I see something that just screams someones name in my travels
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Cookies
16. Lights on the tree? Yes…five strings this year
17. Favorite Christmas song? Take a Walk Through Bethlehem on the Country Cares for Kids album
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to get my grandma and bring her here and take her home
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Changes year from year…this year its an angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve? Christmas? Both.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Lack of Parking
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? This year I myself was leaning towards a blue and silver theme…but really…our tree is a mish mash – basically it looks like santas elves went nuts.
24.Favorite Ornament on tree? Almost every ornament on the tree is special to me because they mean something.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Anything you chose to give me…
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I don’t know since I didn’t email it to anyone!
27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Ditto.
28. What was your most memorable magical Christmas memory from your adulthood? I am betting it will be this year…since its my nephew’s first.
29. Have you ever been involved in a Christmas gift prank? Oh yes…this year even I have a good one planned. BFM’s brother is getting a giftcard from me…but its taped to the back of a Matt Kenseth car…So that he will open it and see just the Matt Kenseth car…and think that amy’s gotten cheap.
30. Favorite Christmas Cartoon? Rudolph (the stop motion animation one)
Author Archives: Amy
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper!!!
1. Friends warm the heart.
2. Strive for good health; it’s important.
3. I’m ready for the week to be over.
4. Demeter’s Sex On The Beach is one of my favorite perfumes or aftershaves or smells.
5. The oldest ornament I have is one my friend made me- its a cocker spaniel that she painted to look like my cocker I had when I was young.
6. Take some good food, family and close friends, and an escape route, mix it all together and you have the annual Christmas eve celebration.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to sleep, tomorrow my plans include wrapping presents and laundry and Sunday, I want to read and or crochet!
So as I have mentioned, I am helping the StewartHaasfan website and today we have a big announcement. We have officially opened the StewartHaasfan Forum. So please feel free to drop by, sign up for an account and say Hi!
- I hate to brag…but I have ALL of my Christmas shopping done YEY!!!! I am actually running behind this year- I usually have most of it done before Thanksgiving.
- I have 90 percent of my Christmas Cards mailed out. I ran out of cards because I only bought one box. This is after exclaiming last year I wouldn’t send any out. I admit that I wasn’t in the Christmas Spirit last year…I am a little more into it this year.
- Does anyone know where my rss feed went? Neither do I. Cameron asked me and I still have no answer. I know I use to have one. More importantly does anyone know how I can get said feed back?
- I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and a nose that was completely stuffed up on only one side…so stuffy that I am surprised nothing was oozing from my eye or ear…since I got up and moved around the stuffiness is mostly gone- except for in my ear. Arg. Got to love the cold season huh? Oh and the headache never went away.
- Today is my brother’s birthday and after work there is a little party for him- as in I will get home roll out of the car go inside look at my mail, brush my hair and probably be rolling out across the street. Unfortunately, I am still feeling kinda crappy. My head is killing me despite a regimen of headache killers that I have taken every four hours since 6:45 this morning. I am not really in a party time mood that is for sure. At least its only across the street.
So I bank with one of those banks that were taken over by a different bank because of the banking collapse. That bank would be Washington Mutual who was taken over by JP Morgan Chase. And I am going to start off by saying I have no issue with Chase- they are the holders of my auto loan and I have NO issues with them or the service they have given me there. My issue is with what use to be Washington Mutual. I have banked with WAMU for years and have always been really happy with them and both their inbank and over the phone customer service for years. I am not a high maintence person when it comes to my banking habits…except I have a bad habit of losing atm cards. Well unfortunately right during the collapse I happened to lose my ATM / Check card again. My problem with that is I am not a check writer- I am an atm card user.
These are the issues I have had since they reissued my ATM card:
- First they did not send me a pin number for my card.
- I went into branch to set pin number on my new card and they told me they can no longer do this without the previous pin number- and that I need to wait 10 business days from the time I got my card.
- 10 business days pass and I go to my main branch office because I still do not have a pin number for my card. After waiting in line forever- they tell me again that they can not reset my pin number at the office without the original pin number. I explained that I still have not gotten new pin number. Man tells me pin numbers usually arrive a day or two later (not 10 days) and that it would have been in unmarked mailer. I told him I was aware of this and still have not received. He orders me a new one.
- 5 days later I have a new pin number. Its easy to remember so I decide to forgo changing it and just memorize new one. Commence in using atm card. Notice that the atm purchases are withdrawing from the WRONG checking account (yes I have two checking and one saving).
- Go back to main branch and tell them my atm withdrawals are coming from the wrong account. He tells me he can fix that in a jiffy. Claims to have done so. I leave. Make several purchases online etc and they indeed are now coming out of the right checking account. YEY.
- Night before last trip to Las Vegas I go to bank to withdraw my funds for the road. Only to be told that I can not do that because I have no access to that checking account via my atm card. So freaking mad I curse them right there in the atm. Of course its afterhours so no one can listen to me curse their very name.
- Decide its not worth the frustration to fix…leave that be.
- Saturday am going Christmas shopping with my mom and I go to wamu to take out money from my savings account however it won’t let me do it. I get some strange message about how the transaction can’t be processed right now. Go shopping anyway.
- Try again today at lunch to get money out of savings account. Again get same message.
- Check my savings account online. Its good. The money is in there all happy.
- Call them to find out WTF is going on with my account. Turns out they disconnected my savings account from my atm card too when they disconnected my other checking account.
Needless to say I am not going to be banking with WAMU much longer. I just am waiting for two more things to clear and then i will be so out of there.
So I watched the banquet on Friday and all I have to say it that it was a lot better than last year. I loved the comic – he cracked me up. That bit about the turnips practically had me rolling on the floor. No to mention the part about skiing and Frosty the Snowman being dead. I am not a huge Matchbox 20 fan but I though they were good too. Everyone looked fantastic and sounded fantastic (albeit nervous). And there was some good natured ribbing of Tony from Kyle and some of Kyle from Rick Hendrick. Good stuff.
Just two “A-hems” from me this year:
- Kevin Costner- Its Intimidator not Terminator…
- Dan Hesse- Its Victory Junction Camp not Victoria Junction…
I am just saying…
So I was out stimulating the local economy Christmas shopping today and I am having a really hard time finding the stuff I need to complete my list. Stuff I should be able to find locally but am having a hell of a time finding (not mentioning what or for whom because well…some of these people read my blog). This is stressing me out because I am usually done shopping by now. By now I am usually scheduling a wrap-a-thon and worrying about running out of gift wrap tape (because magic tape just won’t do- I told you I am a bit fanatical when it comes to wrapping presents…I love to do it and I have to have the right equipment- but I digress).
Anyway – my point being that I am going to be forced to do the rest of my shopping online because of this. I went to three stores today looking for one thing in particular that should be here. And NO ONE HAS IT. It’s frustrating to me. I mean I was going to have to shop for a couple things online anyway just because what I needed to get are not at stores we have locally…but this was ridiculous. I am not even half done people. And am all the more antsy for it.
Here is fill-in #101
1. Snow is something I am not a fan of.
2. I’m looking forward to having a couple days off around Christmas.
3. Twilight is the best book ever!
4. One of my favorite old tv shows is Emergency!.
5. I’m done with a couple of people on my Christmas list.
6. The most enjoyable thing around the holidays is wrapping presents (I know I am weird but I LOVE to wrap presents).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to the awards banquet for the 2008 NASCAR season, tomorrow my plans include sleeping in and wrapping presents and Sunday, I want to decorate a Christmas tree!
Wow look at that…I sucessfully post for all of November and then I leave you all hanging for several days. Figures. More on that later! Andrea posted about several recurring dreams she has. I too have several recurring dreams…and of course I decided that I have to share. Also note that these recurring dreams are not related to my anxeity dreams I was having about moving. Now that I have been in my new office for quite awhile I am all settled in and those dreams went right away.
Recurring Dream Number 1- The Redwood Picnic Table. This seems to be the dream I have had the longest. The dream never changes. I am at a barbecue at my paternal grandparents house. I am in the backyard and its a nice sunny day. I get tired and decide to take a nap. Instead of going inside I decide to lay on the bench part of their redwood picnic table to nap. When I wake up I am no longer in my grandparents backyard so I roll off the bench so that I can stand up and figure out where I am…unfortunately I rolled off the side and am now free falling down a cliff. I always wake up before I hit bottom.
Recurring Dream Number 2- The Highway 101 from North Main Onramp. This dream is probably the one I have had second longest. I am in a car. Sometimes I am driving sometimes I am a passenger. I am never in the car alone. There is usually someone with me. Sometimes its my parents. Sometimes its BFM. We need to get on the highway so I take the North Main onramp. While on the onramp at somepoint either the onramp turns into a rollercoaster (this happens most often) and I am no longer in control of the car because its a rollercoaster. Sometimes the road just has really big holes in it or the main part of the onramp is missing.
Recurring Dream Number 3- The Teeth. Almost everything in this dream is different each time with the exception that at some point during the dream my teeth are crumbling away. Not just falling out mind you- but they are actually more like crumbling and desintegrating in my mouth. This is one of my more vivid dreams as I can usually FEEL the gritty teeth particles in my mouth. My dad says thats probably because I am grinding my teeth. I mentioned this to my dentist and he said that my teeth look pretty good with no indication that I am a habitual grinder. I personally blame this dream on my orthodontist as a late teen who was very much insistent that your teeth would rot away to nothing if you didn’t brush properly with braces on.
Recurring Dream Number 4- The Revocation. During this dream I always find out that I didn’t really graduate. Sometimes I find out that I didn’t graduate high school. Sometimes I find out I didn’t graduate college. Nearly always I am just one class or unit short of the degree and have found out because I went back to the school to get a copy of my diploma for whatever reason. They usually immediately enroll me in the class I need to graduate and I spend the rest of the dream wandering around campus looking for the class.
There is one more recurring dream that thankfully my brain decided to retire…a long long time ago. And that is probably a good thing.
(Retired) Recurring Dream Number 5- The Duck Pond. In this dream I am always by a gorgeous lush pond surrounded by all kinds of trees and such. On the pond there are always ducks. Adult ducks and baby ducks. White ducks and yellow chicks and mallards with gorgeous green heads. Sometimes there are even a couple of swans swimming around my duck pond. At some point I reach out to touch one of the ducks or swans (I am usually in a little paddle boat but sometimes I am onshore) and when I do I fall in and am instantly drenched. I would wake up at this point because I wet the bed. I always had this dream right before I would wet the bed as a child. I remember being probably about 4 or 5 and helping my mom change my sheets and telling her how I would always be dreaming of ducks when I had an accident. She told me that maybe I needed to learn to wake up when I see the ducks in my dreams and go to the bathroom. I am just thankful I haven’t dreamed of the duck pond anymore. It would be quite embarrassing at my age.