1) Johnny Quest meets his friend Hadji in India. Tell us about a friend you have/someone you met who is “far” away. (You determine what “far” is.) Well I haven’t met any of my far away friends yet. But my best friend now lives 500 miles away and I am driving down on friday to see her. (Yes that’s another trip to Vegas for those keeping track). And for the record? I loved Johnny Quest as a child.
2) Scooby Doo and Shaggy are always hankerin’ for a snack. What have you got a craving for recently? Well I have really been wanting a big glass of Hawaiian Punch. Odd I know but I always crave Hawaiian Punch when I am sick.
3) There are so many trains in “Thomas and Friends” I can’t keep track of them all! Is there a group of folks you’re involved in, and yet you don’t know everyone’s name (e.g. chruch group, business group, support group, etc.)? Can you tell us about it? The workers in the umbrella department I work for. There are always new people coming and going and half the time I don’t even see them or talk to them. My little unit is extremely tight. There use to be three of us – now we are back down to two again because our “lead” is now the boss of the whole group (not the unbrella department but our group under the umbrella department which includes my small unit and a slightly larger unit that we work very closely with).
4) Bill Cosby was only a regular on “The Electric Company” for one season before he left. What job have you held for the shortest period of time? Back when I was a very in-demand babysitter when I was in high school and community college- a woman asked me (through my mom- which is how I got most of my jobs…she works at a grammar school) to baby sit for her three kids. Now this was the first time I had ever sat three at once (they ranged from 7-11). It was also the first time I had ever babysat a girl…who happened to be the 11 year old in the mix. The woman was hoping to make me a regular sitter for her because she had some commitment twice a week…it was so long ago I forgot what it was. This was not uncommon for me- people would use me as a fairly regular sitter and I liked that. Anyway it was a horrendous experience. The children were little terrors- especially the 11 year old girl. I was there for less than two hours. The husband ended up beating his wife back home and said that he would be happy to give me a ride home as soon as his wife got back- and I said NO THAT’S OK I’LL WALK and I left. I never went back- I just wanted to get the hell out of there. They called me a couple of times trying to get me back. Funny how I was always booked when they wanted me.
5) Speaking of Bill Cosby, “The Junkyard Gang” from Fat Albert made instruments out of old junk. Do you have something in your house that’s old junk that you’ve turned into something useful? If not, tell us about something that’s junky, but that you just can’t get rid of. Well my dad took some old bullet casings fashioned them into this whole little family of deer. They are actually quite cool. I love them.