1. Follow the wonderful smells- they are coming from the kitchen.
2. A camera is something I always take with me on vacation.
3. To achieve your goals, you must focus.
4. I am actually incredibly shy is something I’d like you to know about me.
5. I have a craving for steak.
6. Yellow Duckies floats.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to just being done with work this week, tomorrow my plans include all the stuff I didn’t do this week and last cuz I felt cruddy and Sunday, I want to relax and enjoy Martinsville!
Author Archives: Amy
1. Follow the wonderful smells- they are coming from the kitchen.
That is what my friend just called me. Why? Because I just fixed my shredder at work. Yeah I am a little proud.
It all starts with me being too lazy to empty said shredder because it ALWAYS makes a huge paper mess on the floor and normally our office doesn’t get vacuumed but once a week. Except lately I have been thinking that someone has been vacuuming daily. And I notice that they have been taking my trash out too! Anyway I digress. So I had been putting off shredding because well I was too lazy to remove the shreddlings bag. Well finally it got to critial mass and I turned to empty the shredder and I notice that by some magic someone has already emptied the shredder bag! But now my shredder won’t work. Well I notice they put the top on backwards so I fix that- still a no go. I try different plugs and turning it on and off and such and still nothing. So I take the shredder off the base and notice its JAMMED full of paper. So I unplug it and set it upside down on my lap and painstakenly (using a bic pen because no way was I sticking my fingers in there even though it was unplugged) removed all the jammed in paper. And VIOLA! It worked. YEY me!
It’s the troubleshooter in my I think. Plus I have always been fascinated with how and why things work the way they work. I told my mom- I think I should have been a mechanic.
Is it me or does he look like he’s ducktaped to a dolly?? And why won’t people transport me around work on a dolly…it sounds like fun and I know the guys next door have a couple! Ah on second thought they would probably just drop me in the quad or leave me in the storage closet or something. I’ll walk.
Congratulations are in order for Clint Bowyer for being the winner of the Gillette Timeshaver Award for spending the least time in the pits in Charlotte. I don’t know if you have been paying attention to this award but each week the Gillette Young Guns Driver who has spent the least amount of time in the pits during that particular race is the driver awarded. As you all know I am fascinated by pit stops and pit crews so I pay attention to these kind of things. Fans at home can play along by going to the Gillette Timeshaver website to align themselves up with one of the Gillete Young Guns.
And that’s a great line up of drivers if you consider that both Kurt Busch and Kasey Kahne got top five finishes at Charlotte last week.
***Updated to find out that this IS some sort of hazing. Apparently this took place at FanFest at JGR. According to sources-employees at JGR do this to employees who have given their notice. Tony was well Tonynapped from the JGR cafeteria by crew members and transported to the flagpole- where he was tied to the flagpole.
For those keeping track at home here are the answers to my NAME THAT TUNE from last week. Looks like CHARITY was the big winner…she gets a bazillion brownie points. JOHN gets a million for getting the extra credit:
1. If you’re coming with me you need nerves of steel/Cuz I take corners on two wheels. Me Vida Loca- Pam Tillis
2. Your beauty is beyond compare with flaming locks of auburn hair/ with ivory skin and eyes of emerald green. Jolene- I was going for the version by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes but would accept both Dolly Parton or Tanya Tucker.
3. I see our freedom in my sight. No locked doors, no windows barred. Sanitarium (Welcome Home) – Metallica
4. I think its cool you do what you do and don’t try to save me. Bitch by Meredith Brooks
5. Like uh, let’s see: Havolive, Target, Sharpie, Caterpiller, Nextel, Mountain Dew, Dupont, Lowes, Home Depot, Kodak, M&Ms, UPS, Tide, Alltel, Gillette, Kellogs, V!agra, DeWalt and uh…budweiser I Love NACAR by Cledus T Judd
6. And God knows we’re gonna talk about your clothes I Wanna Talk About Me- Toby Keith
7. I’m a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine. Shut Up & Drive -Rihanna
8. I was an august baby, conceived by the christmas lights. Shades of Gray- Amanda Marshall
9. I’m way too long for the bed, yeah it’s hard to get around. Sixfoot Town- Big & Rich
10. Seen her in the park with a puppy on a string, looking so cute Norma Jean Riley- Diamond Rio
11. Did you read the news today? They say that danger’s gone away. Land of Confusion- Was looking for DISTURBED but would have accepted Gensis
12. I’ve had everything that’s tangible, honey you’d be surprised. Rocket Queen- Guns N Roses
13. And my memories left with you, there’s nothing more to say. A Tout Le Monde- Megadeth
14. Give me strength at least give me a light, Give me anything even sympathy Union of the Snake- Duran Duran
15. I can’t waste another minute after all that I’ve put in it, I’ve given you my best, why does she get the best of you? Stay – Sugarland
Extra Credit: Love to see them tag, love a last lap turn four pass and my guy takes the checkered flag. NASCAR Love- Toby Lightman
1. Other than the usual “crunch”, what one word best describes the sound when you walk in snow? Tell us about a time you had with/in snow. Well it doesn’t snow here…but when I think of snow and my experiences with it…I think the sound is slog. I actually hate snow. I try to avoid at all expenses.
2. What one word best describes the sound of leaves as you walk through them. Try not to use the word “rustle, rustling”. Share a story having to do with you and leaves. Swoosh! Because I like to drive through “puddles of leaves”. I am sure it pisses people off but around here when the leaves start to fall from the trees people make piles of them out in the street front of their houses for the street sweeper to pick up. And I like to swoosh through the pile of leaves.
3. Choosing another word besides the word “slosh”, give us your best (one) word for walking through rain and puddles. We’d love to read a story about you and the rain and/or puddles. Squish…that’s the sound of walking through our lawn when its rained. I don’t have any stories about me in particular unless you want to hear about some horrifying stories about hydroplaning on the way home from a Tesla concert or hydroplaning on my way home from work during el nino. Roxy however is so prissy that she does NOT like to get her feet the least bit wet…and when she does she almost tiptoes through the water. Its humorous to watch.
4. Yes, there’s sweltering. But pick one other word to describe the humid summer heat. If you’re able, tell us a funny story related to you and the summer heat. If nothing comes to mind, tell us what you do to beat the heat. Drenching. The heat in Fontana at the races about killed me. I am not use to that kind of sticky heat. Bleck. To beat the heat? I say out of it!
5. Halloween is fast approaching. Other than the word “spooky”, choose one word that describes the Halloween atmosphere. Share with us a favorite Halloween costume you wore. If you’ve never participated by wearing a costume, let us know the wildest costume you’ve ever seen. Exciting! I love Halloween!! I always liked to make my own costumes. One year I think it was 6th grade my mom told me I was too old to trick or treat (because I looked a lot older) but I still wanted to participate in the halloween parade at school so I went out in the garage and found my dads overalls…and rolled them up and pinned them. Went out to the back yard and got ash from the bbq pit and put it all over my face and my hands and the overalls…and then grabbed a wrench out of my dad’s toolbox and went as a mechanic. More recently? I bought a bunch of those HELLO MY NAME IS…. stickers? Wrote a bunch of different names on them and put them all over myself…and went as an identity crisis.
Another race that I didn’t take notes for. I wasn’t too nervous this time. This time? I was too sick. I had been fighting off something most of the week. Well Friday it decided it was here to stay. And tonight (Sunday) I still feel craptacular. So realize I write this from a vague memory clouded by cold medicine.
- I remember Tony moving up to the front quickly from his seventh (or was it 8?) place starting poisiton. He seemed in good spirits on the radio. The team seemed to be working well. He liked his car for the most part.
- There were too many pink cars. I had trouble telling Kyle apart from Bobby Labonte. And Elliott Sadler’s car looked more purple to me. I also really have to say that I rather enjoyed Dale Earnhardt Jr’s car. I thought that orangyreddy metallic was cool!
- Speaking of Dale Jr…I thought he was kind of funny when they asked him if he could tell his tire was about to blow…I don’t remember WHAT he said…but I remember thinking it was hilarious at the time. Again this may have been the cold medicine speaking.
- Tony got a speeding penalty and then it seemed to just go down hill from there…but he did fight his way back up to 11th.
- Travis Kvapil took a hell of a hard hit! Ouch!
This is pitiful but its all I have.
Ok. I am sick. I admit it. I feel like I got ran over by a bus and all my bodily fluids are in my head and upper chest. Nice. Plus there is the cough…I hate the freaking cough. So Manny did this the other day so I will do it today…because I lack original content and the ability to think because of this cough ridden cold I have.
The rules are simple:
Guess the name of the song and the artist. No googling or yahooing or dogpiling or other websearches allowed. Also just for your information…all these lyrics? Recently were played in my ipod or itunes.
1. If you’re coming with me you need nerves of steel/Cuz I take corners on two wheels. Charity
2. Your beauty is beyond compare with flaming locks of auburn hair/ with ivory skin and eyes of emerald green. Charity
3. I see our freedom in my sight. No locked doors, no windows barred.
4. I think its cool you do what you do and don’t try to save me. Charity
5. Like uh, let’s see: Havolive, Target, Sharpie, Caterpiller, Nextel, Mountain Dew, Dupont, Lowes, Home Depot, Kodak, M&Ms, UPS, Tide, Alltel, Gillette, Kellogs, V!agra, DeWalt and uh…budweiser Charity
6. And God knows we’re gonna talk about your clothes Lisa
7. I’m a fine-tuned supersonic speed machine. Charity
8. I was an august baby, conceived by the christmas lights.
9. I’m way too long for the bed, yeah it’s hard to get around.
10. Seen her in the park with a puppy on a string, looking so cute Charity
11. Did you read the news today? They say that danger’s gone away. Andrea
12. I’ve had everything that’s tangible, honey you’d be surprised
13. And my memories left with you, there’s nothing more to say.
14. Give me strength at least give me a light, Give me anything even sympathy Andrea
15. I can’t waste another minute after all that I’ve put in it, I’ve given you my best, why does she get the best of you? Lisa
Extra Credit: Love to see them tag, love a last lap turn four pass and my guy takes the checkered flag. John
Friday Fillin #93:
1. One of the best concerts/plays/movies I ever saw that I really didn’t think I’d like was Wicked.
2. White Bus Stop Chili is a recipe I recently made (or meal I recently ordered) that was delicious!
3. It’s time for a big steaming glass of tea.
4. Aveda Comforting Tea is quite refreshing.
5. If I never hear the word “The Market” again, it’ll be too soon.
6. To one side of the curving road was a broken fence, and on the other was a dinosaur.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to resting with a big steaming cup of tea, tomorrow my plans include staying awake long enough to watch the race (I’m sick gimme a break) and Sunday, I want to have an omelet!