Bill sez: This MI-5 was inspired by a recent batch of absolutely, outrageously
yummy chocolate chip cookies my beloved wife recently made. Yum!
1) Flour is one of those basic ingredients that’s used in just about every staple we eat. What’s a staple in your life? What is that makes you tick? What’s that thing that gets you out of bed in the morning.
Honestly I think it is my drive to be creative. Whether it be writing (my blog is only a small fraction of the “writing” I do on a daily basis right now), photography, or even doing something with a skein of yarn…I constantly have to be doing something creative…even if I am just thinking about it.
2) Sugar. Not only is it an ingredient, but it’s often used as a pet name for a loved one. Share with us a pet name you’ve used towards someone you love/loved.
When I was about three years old I started calling my paternal grandpa “Sweetie Pie” and continued until he died (I was in college by then). When my parents would say “Come on we’re going to grandma and grandpa’s I would say “Are we going to Sweetie Pies?” My mom doesn’t have the slightest idea how or why I came up with this but I did. I think it was because of all my grandparents he was the one I liked the most.
3) You go to a restaurant for breakfast, and the item you order comes with “two eggs, any style.” What style do you pick? Why?
I am freakish about eggs. I love them but they have to be cooked to a certain standard of over medium…which means the yolk can be runny but all the white must be completely cooked or I will not eat them. Usually the only person who can get my eggs right is my mom. So when I am out I order scrambled because I know I won’t be disappointed.
4) I’m not much of a baker, but I think there’s baking soda in chocolate chip cookies. With summer soon upon us, some of us may start drinking more soda. Is there some beverage that you like to drink especially in summer?
Well I love my starbucks venti ice black tea lemonades. I am also drinking venti lemonade sweetened with melon. My sister in law got me started on them!
5) Sandra Boynton says there are two kinds of people: those who are the chocolate sort, and those who are of the jellybeans. Which kind of person are you? Depends on the chocolate or the jelly bean.
And now the Friday Fill-In 71.
1. The barbecued shrimp had an extra secret ingredient; it was flaked chili peppers!
2. Come through my window.
3. Right now, I need caffeine.
4. Nowhere is where I went Thursday night; it was a typical Thursday.
5. Why does loneliness hurt so much?
6. All I can think of is the dream I had last night. I had two rows of teeth…kind of like a shark. It was disturbing.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to cleaning while semi watching the nationwide race at Darlington, tomorrow my plans include watching the cup race at Darlington and Sunday, I want to sleep in!