Is it friday yet? Is it? Why not?
Author Archives: Amy
Just an FYI…you will notice some changes starting to happen around BadGroove. You may have noticed your favorite skin might have gone MIA or I have changed the side nav bar a bit…this is all in preparation for some work I am having done on the look of Badgroove…but trust me…you will LOVE it…because I have seen the nearly finished product and I love it BIG!
Burned my mouth to a freaking crisp.
How? Went out to breakfast with my parents at my dad’s insistance…I normally order a diet coke as my beverage because I am not a juice drinker and unless my coffee is so sweet it isn’t even considered coffee anymore I don’t drink coffee…so on a whim I order hot chocolate because it was freezing cold this morning…and it just sounded good. It comes with a nice foamy layer of whipped cream on top…and I secretly sip off the whipped cream first because…YUMMY! Then I decided it is time to take a nice big gulp of hot chocolate.
Well it was more like a nice big gulp of molten lava and for a brief second I couldn’t decide what to do…a HUGE part of me wanted to spit it up all over the freaking table because HELLO! MOLTEN HOT FIRE IN THE MOUTH!! What do I do? Instead I decide to bear the pain and SWALLOW said MOLTEN LAVA disguised as hot chocolate. I could feel it burning ALL THE WAY DOWN. There is nothing COLD to drink on the table as my parents are both drinking coffee…the waitress comes a few minutes later to take our order and I ask for a glass of water…but she takes her time…and I sit there stewing and feeling like the whole top layer of my tongue and part of the top of my mouth is burned. I actually stuck my tongue out at my mother and asked her if it was blistering apart.
Worst part? I was making a new shrimp recipe for dinner and was sure I wouldn’t be able to taste it myself…because of the burning mouth…but luckily while it still hurts a bit doesn’t seem to be THAT bad considering the PAIN from this morning. STUPID GIRL!
1. What “classic” song are you SO sick of, you wish you’d never hear it again? White Rabbit.
2. What “classic” song could you listen to over and over? Well when I hear “classic” I think of classic ROCK…so Heart, Black Sabbath, LedZep, and AC/DC all come to mind. If I am listening to the radio (a rare occurance) it is usually a classic rock station….but that might be because we lost our rock station and our country station changed frequencies and now it is all fuzzy.
UPDATE: Bill is making me pick ONE song…which is hard…but I am gonna go with Back in Black by AC/DC (close choice Bill….but Back in Black is just a little better beat wise) although Sabbath’s War Pigs is a close close second.
3. What song would most consider “cheesy,” but it’s one you really love? Mmmmbop. That song is the crack of music.
4. Of the “cheesy” songs, what one do you really, really hate? Anything by Sonny and Cher…
5. What’re your thoughts on cheese, the foodstuff? What’s your favorite? Yum. I am a big fan o’ cheese…my favorite being provolone. I will not do Bleu or any of those really smelly ones though.
Janet says: This week, I have a theme…bloggers!
1. She loves Snape, the darker the better!
2. He loves all types of firetrucks.
3. This blogger misses Florida. (and can’t wait to go back)
4. Unfortunately, she’s missing in action lately!
5. Posting regularly is not
herhis strong suit; in fact I do believe he hasn’t posted in nine days, ho hum.
6. Her blog entries about life in the “bush of alaska” fascinate me; I love that I can almost experience the smells (and tastes) of what she’s talking about! (not to mention she is funny as heck!)
7. What are you doing this weekend? Tonight I’m looking forward to leaving work and taking Roxy for a Walk, tomorrow my plans include a possible trip to home depot and Sunday, I want to relax and watch a race with NO RAIN DELAYS for a change!
Ok in my post about the Keith Urban concert- Bill asked what in the world the “Cell-Phone wave” is…so i am going to do my best to describe it:
You know “The wave” right? Usually done at large sporting events and graduations…the audience members stand up in succession starting at one end of the arena then sit back down…thus creating a “wave” effect in the audience…ok….so imagine that…only ixnay ALL the lights in the stadium and have everyone hold their cell phone up. It was actually kinda cool…
Kinda related: The Cell Phone ballad wave:
When I was in Phoenix seeing Slaughter at the Ft. McDowell casino, they did their big ballad “Fly to the Angels” during which Mark Slaughter said to the audience that “I know not many people have lighters any more but I know you all have cell phones…so whip them out”
- Am very impressed with Southwest…yes my outgoing flight was over an hour late but they kept apologizing for it…and gave me two bags of peanuts with my half a diet coke. Everyone I spoke with was outstandingly professional and one person at the gate actually checked to make sure I wasn’t on her Phoenix flight…which I thought rocked. My other experiences flying are once with American Airlines and twice with America West Airlines (and one one of the America West flights I upgraded to firstclass). I am still most impressed with Southwest.
- Me thinks that part of my issue with flying….in addition to the heights thing and the control issue thing…is that there might even be some claustrophobia coming into play. Using the air vents help a little but I still felt like a freaking sardine squished in a can….
- You should applaud me…I even left the window shade open the whole return flight home! (I usually shut them- especially during take off).
- No one lost my luggage…and that is awesome…because once when I flew American- I went to San Jose CAL from LAX (Los Angeles) and my luggage…it flew to Portland. Nice.
- The flight attendants on both flights? They rocked.
- To the very pregnant lady on the flight to Vegas from San Jose, CA…I don’t know what the hell your problem with me was but suck it ok? That’s all I will say…
- Paying $83 dollars to get my freaking car out of long term parking? Not cool…that was nearly a whole one way ticket right there. Bastards.
- While waiting at the airport in Vegas I was watching the little private jets come zooming in. Has anyone ever ridden in one of those fancy schmancy private jets? I wonder what that is like?
So my flight to Vegas from San Jose was over an hour late…it seemed to me as I sat in the terminal in San Jose, that all Southwest flights were late…there were some people flying to Phoenix that seemed to be waiting forever.So finally I get to board my plane and I pick a nice window seat and stow my luggage in the overhead and the pilot tells us as we are about to take off that it will probably be a bit of a bumpy flight (OH GREAT- I think to myself)….but by the halfway point I have relaxed and thinking that it isn’t really that bumpy…I get my half a diet coke and baggie of peanuts….I read. I open the little window shade and look out into the blackness of the night. Then…I can see Vegas….(you can’t miss Vegas from the air…) which is gorgeous…and as soon as I can see it the plane feels like it drops ten feet. Which of course causes me to gasp….(I really wanted to screech but I refrained!)
I had forgotten how big McCarran Airport is compared to San Jose and I get to the Baggage claim…and by the time I get there the luggage from my flight is being spit up from the underbelly of the airport onto the carousel. And I walk towards the middle of the baggage claim because BFM is on her way to come get me. Apparently we pass each other because she is walking down the middle of baggage claim and I decided to go with less foot traffic and walk to the outside. I was so glad to see a familiar face And she brought her little brother (8th grade) who insisted on taking my luggage so that was nice for me. Basically the rest of my night consisted of chatting with BFM and figuring out what I would do the next day since she had to work and I had no wheels.
The next day I got up nice and early because even though Vegas is in the same time zone as me…it is right on the cusp…and the lighting difference told me to get my butt up. So I got up and visited with Misty before work…then I read…and BFM’s dad dropped me off for lunch with her…and I spent the rest of the afternoon at the mall..
BFM took me to see Pirates of the Carribean on Friday afternoon which was good because I hadn’t seen it (she had…but wanted to see it again). Then she took me to the Bass Pro Shop/ Outdoor World because Father’s Day was coming up AND my brother sent me with a list of stuff he wanted at that store too…so I shopped there.
On Saturday BFM took me to the Nascar Cafe in Vegas…which had the best Chicken Quesadilla ever to grace my lips. Then we spent time just hanging out at her house and I get ready to see Keith Urban at the Mandalay. We got there way too early…but sometimes parking can be hard to find on the nights of big events so we went over to the Luxor (they are connected) and had something to drink.
At the Luxor I was horrified to find out that the McDonalds in the food court served PEPSI and not my beloved Diet Coke…I had one because I was thirsty…but I was sad.
The Wreckers opened for Keith and they were good. I liked them.
Keith Urban was great!!! Live, in my opinion, the show was right up there with Bon Jovi live…a great show (of course this is really only my second country concert ever). Our near-the-back, on-the-floor seats? They turned into nearly front row seats as there was a walk way and a smaller stage set up just to the left of our seats…so when Keith was playing the little stage we all left our rows to be in the middle. So that was pretty awesome. The only thing that was a little weird about the smaller stage closer to us? Was that the KU band members all had their backs to the audience while playing on the small stage. I felt that was a little awkward….but it was still fun. Towards the end of it Keith had us do a Cell-phone version of the wave…twice. Which cracked me up. It was hilarious. Leaving the show was a nightmare so we walked back to the Luxor and went to the 24 hour cafe and had some food since we were both hungry (we hadn’t eaten anything since the Nascar Cafe…see how filling?).
Sunday was spent sleeping in…after being up all night…I wanted to sleep all day. I saw another movie….Knocked Up…which made me laugh so hard I nearly piddled….more than once.
On Monday we pretty much just chilled as I tried to to shove all my stuff in my suitcase and then I was home. My return flight? Was not only on time…but smooth as butter.
It did cost me $83.00 to get my poor Rav out of long term parking which I thought was OUT.RAGE.OUS! but what is a girl to do?
I didn’t do too much touristy stuff while in Vegas this time (except for the Nascar Cafe) so Janet…I will email you with some recommendations ok?
1. Summer is here. How does your life or routine change during the summer months? Pretty much my routine stays the same…because I am boring like that. A couple of summer’s ago I tried working flex (we are allowed to only during the summer)…but 10 hour days KILL me.
2. Have you ever read a book more than once? If so tell us what it is. Heck yeah I have. If I like a book I keep it for future re-reading. Probably the one I have read most is The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton…I have probably gone through about sixteen copies of it in my life…seriously because I read it that often…the first time I read it I was probably in fifth grade or so?
3. How do you do when it comes to being on time for things? Are you ever late? What are you feelings on that. I don’t like to be late…however…I will not get upset if someone is late because I know I have been late myself a time or too.
4. What is your favorite TV show right now and why? If you aren’t watching TV now how about one you had when you were younger? Hell’s Kitchen because I find Gordon Ramsey to be…um…well for lack of a better phrase…an entertaining prick.
5. What would it take to make your weekend perfect? My weekend was perfect! I was in Vegas with BFM taking in a Keith Urban show.