I knew it would happen eventually and I think it rocks. What? Danica Patrick won an Indy race. The Twin Motegi Japan 300. Way to freaking go! YAH!
Author Archives: Amy
You can blame this post entirely on Valli over at The Fast and The Fabulous. That and its going to be a slow week since there isn’t a sprint cup race. Valli posted show and tell: this is how i roll (at work) which has pictures of her workspace yesterday….showing how she proudly flies her Dale Jr colors at her “day job.”
Not to be outdone, I decided (and she encouraged) to show you all my workspace….my office were I work a job that helps keep me in race tickets and HotPass. Funny thing was about three weeks ago, I did some spring cleaning/redoing my office where I totally went all out for a Tony Stewart theme. I had been sneaking stuff in little by little…but finally it all came together:
Yes I have two monitors. It was cheaper for work to set me up with a dual video card and run two monitors than it was for a studio display. I am totally spoiled by it because I routinely have about 10 -15 windows open at any one time and this way I can spread them all out. And yes that really is my wallpaper.
My work area to my left…this is where I spread out when I am working on projects.
Shelly my glass head had a makeover too. Wig courtesy of a coworker who got it at a giants game. This is the beanie I bought at the race in Vegas because I was freezing that morning when we got to the track and my baseball hat kept blowing off my head.
So what does your office space look like?
First the Fill-in #68
1. The last time I lost my temper I slammed a rather large half pumpkin/half jack o’ lantern down on the kitchen table then picked it up to throw it away and slipped and nearly knocked myself out when I slid across the garage floor (our garage floor is painted- so slippery when you have pumpkin guts on your shoes) and I slid into and half under my mom’s XTERRA !
2. Telemarketers are
is what I’m fed up with!
3. The next book I’d like to read is Escape by Carolyn Jessop.
4. Going to the Pepsi 500 in August is what I’m looking forward to.
5. If you can’t get rid of the skeleton[s] in your closet, use lots of kitty litter to cover up the smell!
6. The best thing I got in the mail recently was a care package from BFM (yey! Good Mail!).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to trying to finish my current book, tomorrow my plans include washing my car and Sunday, I want to
watch the race sleep in because there is NO RACE this weekend.!
And now the MI-5
Beloved sez: Here are some more questions from “You Gotta Be Kidding!” a book I purchased at Julia’s book fair several months ago. The only rule is: You must choose from one of the 2 answers, “neither one” is not an acceptable answer. If you would like you can explain your choice.
Would You Rather:
- Sleep each night with 2 harmless bats in your bedroom OR Always have 5 pigeons hanging out in your bathroom? I would go with pigeons in the bathroom. It was a hard choice…but bats are nocturnal and I like my sleep and don’t want to worry about a bat landing on me while I am trying to sleep.
- Sleep on the sidewalk for a week straight in normal weather OR Sleep for 1 night on the sidewalk in the pouring rain? Pouring rain. Might as well get all the miserable over with as soon as possible.
- Never be able to smile OR Never be able to dream when you sleep? Never be able to dream when I sleep because I have wicked vivid dreams and sometimes wake up more tired then when I went to bed. Last night for instance I had THREE separate vivid dreams. Plus I would like for people to be able to tell when I am happy.
- Not be able to read OR Not be able to talk? Not be able to talk. I love to read and it is a big part of me. It wouldn’t be too horrid if I couldn’t talk because I could always write instead or learn sign language. Plus half the time I don’t think people actually listen to what I am saying anyway.
- Bang your funny bone 5 times in a row OR Listen for 20 minutes to someone scraping their nails down a chalkboard? Funny bone banging. I think women in general have a higher tolerance for pain…but honestly I do not have a high tolerance for annoying noises.
You may or may not notice I have been spending the better part of today playing with my sidebars…moving things around. I got rid of some people off my blogroll (mostly people I no longer read with any regularity). Rearranged the order of certain things. Let me know what you think.
Conversation had this morning (keep in mind that I am the LONE Tony fan. My mom loves Jr and my dad tends to root for whoever’s winning- unless its Jeff Gordon).
ME: I have to go. Have a good day at work.
My Mom: You too. Drive Safely.
ME: I am going to drive like Tony Stewart.
My Mom: Should I call them and let them know you will be a couple hours late?
My Mom: 20′s your number Tony -NOT THE SPEED LIMIT.
ME: (eye roll) That’s a Michael Waltrip commercial mom.
My Mom: I know…but it works even better for Tony. (laughs as I leave just shaking my head).
Admittedly I wasn’t a big fan of the Tony Stewart Subway paint scheme. I don’t know why because personally I absolutely LOVE yellow cars. If I could have my choice I would have a BRIGHT YELLOW car. I think the thing that I didn’t like about the subway paint scheme was all the green. I am NOT a big fan of green cars and it was just an odd look.
However I absolutely loved his helmet paint scheme:
(photo courtesy of motorsports.com).
I think it is because it has the sparkley holographic look to it. I dunno. Plus it has flames.
Speaking of flames…I wonder how much it would cost to have flames painted on the HHR. I really think some dark silver/grey flames would look pretty awesome.
I started this Monday off at the dentist. Now I use to fear the dentist nearly as much as I fear bees and spiders, but this all changed last fall when I chipped a tooth and decided to find a new dentist. My new dentist is the best (and it doesn’t hurt that he is extremely friendly and kinda cute). You know when the dentist gives you those shots to numb your mouth and always says “you’ll feel a little pinch” and that “little pinch” makes you want to jump up, slap the dentist, curse him/her and run away…far far away because they HURT REALLY BAD! Well my new dentist says this “little pinch” thing too. And I have NEVER felt even the slightest little pinch. I am serious…the man gives a good shot. Anyway…the man numbed me but good today and I felt it…or didn’t feel it rather…all the way up into my nostril. It was that numb. Which was sporting when I came back to work. See it gave me a lisp of sorts. My sister-in-law and friend claimed they couldn’t tell…but they love me so they may have been lying. I sounded bad to me- I can only imagine what my callers thought.
Then I got to work and found out that our call volume today has tripled today. Apparently it is registration season. So I got to talk my mealy mouth talk ALL morning. Great times.
Anyway…I know you are disappointed but I have no pictures from the weekend. I was holding babies and shopping for my grandma and just enjoying the warm weather. And cooking. That is what happens when they have the race on Saturday…I have Sunday to cook. And cook I did…yum.
That is pretty much how I sum up tonights race at Phoenix for Tony. After ducking into the pits for a green flag pit stop, a yellow flag comes out as soon as Smoke passes the commitment cone thus leaving him with two options:
- Continue on with pit stop and get penalized for pitting when pit road is closed.
- Drive through the pits and lose precious positions because pit road speed is 45 mph.
Wisely they chose the latter…. however after that mistake (although it wasn’t really a mistake by anyone but the driver who caused the caution) team
HOMEDEPOT SUBWAY never really seemed to get back into the groove of the race. Tony was less than happy with his car judging by his team audio and it never seemed to come back around to them. Combine that yellow flag with a miscue of some sort on the last pitstop that had what should have been a 6-7 second splash of gas and two tires turn into a more than 11 second stop as the car seemingly stalled (perhaps that fuel pickup problem that seems to be plaguing Joe Gibbs Racing this year) and needed to be pushed by the crew before Stewart was able to come in.
Personally? I don’t really like the yellow car. It was hard for me to find on the track…and it seemed to me to be too close to the color car Paul Menard runs…and it didn’t help that Jeff Gordon was running the green/yellow nicorette paint scheme. From afar? It makes it hard for a race fan watching the race on a tiny tv to tell the difference. Is that Jeff G? Is it Tony? No its Paul Menard. Yeah. Not fun.
I did enjoy the end of the race. I liked how Chad Knaus was able to convince Jimmie Johnson to slow down slow down slow down. That was a strategy that totally paid off in the end and Jimmie was able to bring HMS their first win of the season.
Side note to FOXSPORTS: I really missed seeing the prerace show…which was preempted for freaking baseball. I missed the hit list. I missed the national anthem and invocation. I missed it all and you can bet your behind that I groused about it to anyone who would listen…which was pretty much my dog. What REALLY pissed me off though? Was that you kept promising that you would switch over to the race so we wouldn’t miss the drop of the green flag. Guess what? You missed. It didn’t switch over til lap 2! Oh and it REALLY made me mad when I found out that the baseball had already been moved to FX so it didn’t really need to be broadcast on Fox. Last season I mentioned that I thought Fox was the best network for NASCAR coverage. You may have just fallen in my eyes.