- Lesson Learned: When sitting at an intersection screeching along with Bon Jovi…I might want to consider whether or not the sunroof is open before deciding to “sing” along…because people will laugh…even if the windows are shut.
- Funny Sight I Am Sure: My brother happens to walk in to our house (he now lives across the street from us) on Sunday just as the Daytona 500 is winding down- to find my father and I both on our feet standing like two feet from the television screaming. My dad was yelling DRIVE BOY DRIVE (at Tony) and I was yelling GOGOGOGOGO (at- you guessed it- Tony). My mom? She was just sitting there going WHERE’S JR? And Roxy? Well Roxy was hiding and thinking Oh no…not this yelling thing again. I am sure our non-relative neighbors thought we were all insane. Ryan Newman won being pushed by his teammate Kurt Busch…the duo passed Tony with less than half a lap to go. URG!!!
- Speaking of the Daytona 500…there were some great commercials. My favorite by far was the Toyota Fan Controller commercial. My next favorite was the DaleJr Gorilla commercial. And my third was the Home Depot commercial.
- Also speaking of Daytona Advertisements I really the sprint catchphrase “Speed is Beautiful”.
- Funny Thing My Dad Said: When I told him I wanted to go to the beach to practice using my new camera for when I go the races in Vegas…he replied “Well if you want to practice taking pictures for the races- it would probably be easier if I just dropped you off on the side of the highway for an hour or so…” I think he might have been serious. I had to explain to him that I just wanted to get a feel for carrying and taking pictures with a bigger camera. And get use to where all the damn buttons are and what they do. That will probably take longer though.
Author Archives: Amy
First I present to you the Vacations R Us MI-5:
1. What is the longest vacation you have ever been on? That would be this vacation I am taking. I am leaving Friday the 22nd and coming home somewhere around March 4th.
2. Where is your favorite place to vacation? Well I like Las Vegas because I have a friend I can stay with…and hang with…but I am also a big Disneyland fan so it is a toss up.
3. Name some place you would like to go on vacation that you haven’t been before? Lots of places: New York, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida.
4. When you vacation do you like to plan out every minute or roll with the flow? Mostly I am a roll-with-the-flow person.
5. Are you more of an ocean person or a mountain person? Ocean all the way.
Friday Fill-in number 59:
1. Snowdrops are falling on my head. (no not really)
2. I’m going to go home very soon so I can get to the camera shop before they close today.
3. International Harvester is a song whose lyrics have meaning to me.
4. Just one sip and I’ll tell you what I think.
5. Home is where I’m happiest.
6. I believe that CREATIVITY is a necessary part of life.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to Italian Wedding Soup, tomorrow my plans include errands and camera experiments and Sunday, I want to settle in for the Daytona 500!
I found this over at Trixie’s Trailer Park…and ask Trixie if I could steal it and she said sure….so…just consider yourselves adequately warned:
Attention to all of my family, friends, co-workers, and complete strangers, NASCAR season is upon us. I will NOT be available for family functions, outings, or get-togethers on Sundays. If there is an event on said Sunday, you will have to understand they must be held prior to the start of the race or after the race. If you must schedule things during the race be aware I may not attend your function or request that I have access to a television set. This also applies to races that are held occasionally on Saturday nights. If you wish to spend time with me, you must understand the topic of conversation will be predominately about the upcoming race, the previous Sunday’s race, Tony Stewart, or anything in general about NASCAR. This is the time of the year all projects are put aside unless they involve a NASCAR related event. Please don’t be offended if I ignore you on Sundays or the occasional Saturday…it’s nothing personal…IT’S NASCAR!!!
****Sort of NASCAR related…and funny****
This will prove how much NASCAR is on my mind lately as I gear up for Daytona. Today at work I answered the phone and the person on the other end needed to speak with someone in our department about borrowing a piece of equipment that I don’t directly deal with. I told the person I could refer them to the person who does deal with that piece of equipment, CARL EDWARDS. I didn’t mean to say CARL EDWARDS…but the person I was talking about’s first name is CARL. So she said ok, she would look him up in the phone directory. I had to tell her that I made a mistake and the name wasn’t Carl Edwards… because I am pretty sure that CARL EDWARDS is NOT in our phone directory.
- Baby Shower? Went off without a hitch. At highest count there were 26 people there. It was a bit overwhelming for everyone involved…especially the expectant mother. We forgot to cook the mini quiches…but there was more than enough food for everyone. The mother-to-be got everything she wanted and somethings she didn’t even think of.
- Did Tony actually hit Kurt Busch during their pow-wow in the NASCAR hauler? I dunno…but he definitely deserved it. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall there.
- Was I the only one who went nearly hoarse rooting for Tony at the end of the Bud Shootout? I really think Tony would have won if it hadn’t been for that last caution. Tony is usually not as fast on the restarts as others.
- I hate that the Gatorade Duels are on Thursday. That sucks for me since I have to work. Clearly my work schedule should be worked around when it comes to the NASCAR schedule. And while I am at it…why on earth do they qualify for the Daytona 500 in such a cattywhompus manner anyway? Call me silly but I prefer the traditional qualifying attempts.
- I finally got a new cell phone! Its an LG. Very simple phone. Nothing too fancy and that is exactly what I need. I will give it a good testing and let you know what I think.
- Attention all Verizon users who have a vehicle with Onstar…did you know can set up your Onstar phone to pool minutes with your cell phone? Basically it is like having a family SharePlan with your car. I signed up for this because I really like my Onstar phone on Onstar minutes are expensive.
- Am I the only one who is disappointed that the new Knight Rider is a Mustang? I don’t know why but that really disappoints me- almost as much as the fact that the voice of KITT isn’t William Daniels. Ok…maybe I am just a nerd.
Lisa revived the MI-5…so here is that:
- Do you prefer crushed ice or ice cubes in your drinks? Crushed. Unless it is in a Margarita…then a couple of cubes is preferred.
- Do you chew gum? If so, what is your favorite gum? Yeah…currently I am a fan fo Orbit’s Sweet Mint
- What book are you reading right now? Do you like it? I am not currently reading anything. I am trying to decide what to start next.
- What is the last thing you have done creatively? I crocheted a camouflaged baby bunting
5. What song seems to be running through your head a/k/a an “earworm”? Craig Morgan’s International Harvester. Sing it with me: I am a son of a third generation farmer…been married ten years to the farmers daughter…I’ve got two boy in the county four-h.. I’m a lifetime sponsor of the FFA….Hey!
And the Friday Fill-in 58:
1. I’m looking forward to so much…all in March..attending my first NASCAR race and the birth of my first nephew.
2. New York is a place I always wanted to visit and haven’t made it there yet.
3. I’ve fallen in love with Bare Escentials Makeup.
4. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
5. Addiction is a sickness.
6. The YipYips crack me up!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to catching up on my dvr shows, tomorrow my plans include Throwing a baby shower (any guesses as to how far? Ok bad joke) and Sunday, I want to sleep in!
When I was a baby and my mom was first starting me on baby food, she would feed me mostly what I liked and introduce a little new food towards the end of the meal. Turns out as a baby my favorite foods were sweet potatoes, squash and carrots. Well…I ate so much that I turned orange. My mom, a first time mother, freaked out thinking it was jaundice and rushed me to the doctor sure I was suffering from liver failure or something. Turns out it was beta carotene poisoning…didn’t hurt me …I just had to lay off the orange foods for awhile.
Why am I bringing this up? Well because I plan to make my nephew the orangest baby in town. Let me show you how:
Yep that is an infant Tony Stewart wardrobe…in nearly every size…so he can grow into it. My favorite part? The smaller bib:
Don’t worry- I bought my nephew lots and lots of clothes and have been since we found out he is a boy. Proof:
That is a small laundry basket of clothes I bought for my nephew. I am giving it to my sister in law on Saturday (her shower). The only things that are not clothes in it are four crib sheets in the very bottom, the bear, the wash cloths and the two small books in the back. The rest is clothes. (Don’t worry I also am giving her none clothes items. I wrapped those separately.