- It dawned on me- after returning from my vacation last week that the reason I was suffering from a massive headache every single day? Was not allergies….but the fact that I hadn’t consumed a single ounce of caffeine since returning. I rectified that situation right away.
- That probably explains why I was so darn sleepy all week too. To go from loads of caffeine to no caffeine was a shock to my system.
- Roxy has suddenly decided that not only does she want to sleep in during the mornings but that when I want to go for our morning walk at 7:00 she would rather pull me along than behave appropriately.
- Between my father’s shoulder surgery and my mother’s injured leg (on a hike) between the two of them they have3 good arms and 3 good legs. Which means Amy gets to do a lot of grocery shopping…since one can’t drive and the other can’t walk.
- Yes I do know I still owe you a vacation recap…and I totally plan on doing it…however today it ain’t going to happen. Why? Because I decided to make my Monday extra specially good by scheduling a teeth cleaning for today. What was I thinking?
- I think I have waited long enough…I am very much extremely happy to announce that I will be an Aunt at the end of March 2008. Yep my bro is pregnant…well actually his wife my lovely snl…but you all could figure that out. Yipee! I can’t tell you how excited I am for that!
- My newest bestest entry is up at agirlmustshop.com: called Discover Your Inner Artist
Author Archives: Amy
Since I was on vacation last week I missed the Five. So here is last weeks and this weeks.
First is Lisa’s County Fair MI-5
- Do you attend any country/agricultural fairs? If so, which one is your favorite? Why? I attend our county fair. Mostly for something to do and I usually try to enter stuff in the fair…sometimes things I have crocheted and sometimes photography. I am also a HUGE fan of the Northern California RenFaire…but I might not go this year.
- What is your favorite fair ride? Why? I don’t usually ride anything because I am afraid of carnies.
- What is your favorite fair food? Why? Funnel cake because…it is funnel cake.
- What is your favorite part of the fair overall? 4-H exhibits? Animals? Harness racing? Rides? Food? I am a big fan of the home arts exhibits and the photography and art stuff. And funnel cakes. Did I mention the funnel cakes? Fair food rocks.
- How much money do you drop for your typical fair excursion? Well last time it was $16.00 but that wasn’t involving any food because I wasn’t there that long…usually more like $40.00
And next is Aunt Ginny’s Indian Summer MI-5 (in extended entry)
J was telling me a fascinating story about how his lovely wife ended up seeing Warrant at the local airport…and thanks to some funny emails we batted back and forth stating things like:
(me: “Was she in HEAVEN? Did she see RED? Can I stop making stupid Warrant related puns?”)
(J: “Yes, you may stop- just as soon as I finish my slice of CHERRY PIE & put away my lotto ticket that will make me DIRTY, ROTTEN, FILTHY, STINKING RICH.”)
I know have the lyrics to Warrant’s Heaven stuck firmly in my head. Great. Thanks.
I am back from my vacation….and I will tell you all about it in gory details…but not today because after being gone a week from work…it is hard to come back but here I am.
You can look at my trip pictures here but be warned I haven’t had much time to actually do anything with them yet like give them descriptions.
And a special thanks to Bill (who’s blog has an awesome new look) and J who guest posted. I wish I had had J’s post BEFORE I left so I could have thrown some of those great phases around. And I have always wanted to try out a henna tattoo Bill…I was going to do it at the Ren Faire this year…but I probably won’t make it there this year (but that is another story).
I am out of here through September 4th. Yes I am going to Vegas again (in style in a BRAND NEW CHEVY HHR- it’s nice but not mine- it’s a rental). Yes I am crazy to go this time of year because of the heat, but hanging out with my best friend since junior high who lives there…and rocking out to Slaughter will all be worth it (and we are taking her brother- a high school freshman with us- should be interesting).
Hopefully some of my guest posters will have the time and energy to post here and keep you entertained. If not: Please click on some of the links on the right to keep yourself entertained until I get back. (Don’t worry I will pack my camera- so expect lots of pictures!)
Update: Am switching my theme from the Tony Stewart theme to the Mark Slaughter theme- just for a change of pace…
Since I got you for my birthday in January it has been love at first sight. I so love that I just hit the little record button and you record whatever my heart desires and you hold on to it for me until I am ready to watch it. Frankly it feels wonderful to not be a slave to the television. I have always trusted you.
You proudly hold my races, my soap (an addiction I caught in high school) and the entire last season of CSI…that I still haven’t watched. When I heard about NASCAR in Primetime- I quickly set you up to record the entire series! You recorded the first episode just fine. As a matter of fact, it is still there having been watched but I decided to horde it anyway so I could watch the whole series back to back after it had run in its entirety -because I am weird like that…
For some reason unbeknownst to me- you neglected your faithful duties and did NOT record last weeks episode. Of course I blamed myself inititally; Did I fill up the dvr (nope- over 45% free!)? Was there a power outage? Nope. Did I forget to choose record ENTIRE series? (Nope- you have this weeks episode in your to-do list). I trusted you to perform your duty and I went out that night. Now I missed an entire episode…and I am so sad!
Whatever did I do to you? Are you trying to break up with me?
P.S. I am going to be leaving on vacation in a couple days to Vegas for nearly a week. Can you please behave and record your shows accordingly?
Sorry this is so late! It was crazy busy at work today people…you have no idea!
So Bristol- I can see that the new racing surface did change the personality of the track. I don’t know if it was that the drivers were unfamiliar with the track refacing so that they were being more tentative or if this is just the new Bristol…but I too found the race to be less bumping and grinding- which I admit was always my favorite part of that race. The bumping/grinding just made it more exciting. Not to say there wasn’t any bumping/grinding– there was …just not enough for my tastes.
That being said…I was glad to see Carl Edwards win. I love me a good backflip…it is almost as good as the fence climb of Tony Stewart. Although it would have been great if Kasey Kahne could have won- being winless and all. He did finish well – which is good.
Now did you all see Tony make that amazing come back towards the end. I think if the race had been about 20 laps longer-he would have been right there- even after starting so far back in the field.
First the Fill-in:
1. I see the write post screen of my blog dashboard.
2. I hear the fan whirring behind me.
3. I touch the keys on my keyboard.
4. I taste oatmeal cookies…yum!.
5. I smell my co-workers lotion- banana!.
6. I sense I am about to sneeze (and guess what…I was right).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to chatting with bfm, tomorrow my plans include working from 9-3 then rushing home to watch the race and Sunday, I want to sleep in!!
Open for the MI-5 Back To School Edition!