First off- Happy Independence Day. I am going to be exercising my independence by sleeping in! Then I will probably spend the night watching the neighborhood kids blow off illegal fireworks (they are all illegal here– safe and sane or not) and then hide from the cops as the little old lady down the street calls them every year. Seriously. I hope that you all have a safe 4th and I want you all to come back with all your fingers and toes ok? Don’t make me count them!
First we have Aunt Ginny’s Independence Day MI-5:
1. AAA predicts a first ever decrease in travel for this Fourth of July due to the gas/oil crisis. Do you find that you are traveling less these days in an effort to conserve? Heck yes. I have parked my car for the long weekend. Seriously. I will do whatever I can not to drive this weekend. The month before last my gas bill for the month was a $120.00. Last month? It was $262.00. Now granted last month constituted three trips that I normally wouldn’t have taken: Two to the San Fransisco Airport and one to Pleasanton. But still that is crazy…and dips into my fun money for the month…so I am officially on fuel conservation mode.
2. Many of the news shows have been showing pieces about backyard fireworks, and the dangers involved, in the past few weeks. Do you, or have you ever, staged your own fireworks on the Fourth of July? What did you do? Well considering all the wildfires around here I think that the few towns in our area that do sell the fireworks should discontinue that practice. But onto the question. Honestly above sparklers I can only think of a few times and that was when I was a kid. They honestly kind of scare me…so I am not big into them…except I have always loved sparklers.
3. The vote for independence from England occurred on July 2, 1776. Do you plan to vote in the November elections? What are your thoughts on exercising your right to vote? I have voted in every election be it local or national since I turned of age. I plan to continue that. It is my right and I will exercise it.
4. Do you have holiday plans / traditions for the Fourth of July? Tell us about them. Usually there is some s’mores made over a small weber pit. That’s about it. Its like the one day a year we have us some s’mores.
5. Are you attending a parade this year on the Fourth? If so, what is your favorite part of a parade? Yo ur lease favorite part? Will you be participating IN the parade? What will be your role? No. I can’t remember the last parade I went to. And I am pretty sure I have never been in a parade. My brother has been a couple times when he was a kid in the boy scouts. Our town doesn’t do parades anymore. Nearby ones do, but frankly, they have never really appealed to me.
And Now? The Friday Fill-in #79
1. Holidays in the summer are just as good as holidays during the rest of the year…it’s great to be off work.
2. Shrimp are my favorite things to grill (but I will pretty much eat anything grilled…ok almost anything).
3. My thoughts are sometimes clouded by snap judgements.
4. Sleep is what I’m most looking forward to this weekend!
5. My favorite book so far this summer is still waiting for me to start it…I haven’t been reading much.
6. Waking up is the best way to begin a day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to working on a baby bunting, tomorrow my plans include watching the 400 and working on the baby bunting and Sunday, I want to sleep in and finish the baby bunting!