Pit Board Sign (photo by: Amy K. Marbach, March 2012)
So I have taken one person’s idea (Donna S.) for the name of the what was previously called: What’s Rattling Around The BG Inbox and changed it slightly and decided to call this feature Loose Lugnuts….because I like it and technically it’s kind of what this is – just loosely connected bulleted ramblings of yours truly. Here is this week’s selection:
1. Kyle Busch’s CHASE eligibility seems to be a hot topic for some unknown reason. I can’t really figure out why fans are in a kabuffle about it to be honest. NASCAR has set the chase waiver precedent so they might as well stick by it. If you are out of your car and can not start a race some sort you may apply for a chase waiver. This waivier means that as long as you can get into the top thirty in points (which Kyle isn’t in yet but will be if he keeps up performing the way he is) and you get a win- you are in as well. The reason for this “waiver” is because NASCAR also has a rule that states that to be chase eligible you MUST attempt to start every race (likely to keep drivers from winning a race and then not racing for the rest of the season). Kyle is not the first person who has been given this waiver. Tony Stewart was given this waiver last year. I don’t see what the big deal is. Are the people complaining just Kyle haters?
2. Here is a great story about Eldora and Tony…you might want to give it a gander.
3. This story however, is NOT an acceptable news piece, because it takes quotes from Tony Stewart completely out of context (from different sources I might add) and then strings them together to make Tony sound like a bumbling idiot which he most definitely is not. Us fans know that he isn’t having the best of seasons we see it every week. Thanks for trying to trick us. The sad thing is? Some people might believe this Archuleta guy. It’s worse than TMZ stuff (because at least some of that has a basis in truth). It’s stuff like that that gives bloggers and “journalists” a bad name. Is it any wonder Tony is staying away from most forms of media? And yes I did leave a comment on the article. I couldn’t help myself. Sometimes I just have to poke the trolls under the bridge with my stick. Feel free to join me in the stick poking if you want
4. While we are on the topic of Tony and the media- let me give some more of my two cents: PERISCOPE! LOVE IT! Why? Because it shows us that Tony is just a normal guy. Tony can talk about what he wants, he gives us a little snippet into his private life and answers the questions he wants to answer and best of all- it doesn’t get turned around by someone else trying for a fabulous headline (okay still stuck on the previous bullet aren’t I?). It’s GREAT for us fans. I hope it’s good for him too (except for the trolls- just poke em with a stick Tony- they’ll go back into hiding). Maybe one of these days i will be able to jump on fast enough to ask a question…of course when I do I won’t be able to think of a question…that is just the way it is.
5. Okay my readers in the SOUTH I have a mission for you…I am looking for the Coke can with Tony on it (it looks like it’s kind of like a tallboy can?)…if you can find one- I would GLADLY pay you for your trouble to get me one and ship it to me. I NEED TO ADD this to my collection:
6. I guess I use “…” too much don’t I? I’ll work on that.
7. If you are in or around Pocono next weekend and consider yourself a poker player or just want to watch check out the action you can purchase a spectator ticket or buy in to the Pocono Poker Tourney – Proceeds go to the Jeff Gordon Foundation and The NASCAR Foundation. Jeff Gordon, Rusty Wallace, Mike Helton, Michael Annett, Todd Bodine, Jennifer Jo Cobb, Ben Kennedy, Crew Chief Jay Guy and more will be there…
8. The MudSummer Classic was totally awesome last night! Winner Christopher Bell fought hard against Bobby Pierce who was trying his darnedest to get past Bell- to the detriment of the truck. It was an awesome and exciting race. How exciting? Let’s just say I had to pee the last 35 laps or so but I was glued to the TV for the finish! Tony Stewart should be proud.
Gratuitous Tony Stewart Picture:
Christopher Bell, driver of the #54 Toyota Certified Used Vehicles Toyota, celebrates with Eldora track owner Tony Stewart after winning the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series 1-800-CAR-CASH Mud Summer Classic at Eldora Speedway on July 22, 2015 in Rossburg, Ohio (photo credit: Sean Gardner/NASCAR via Getty Images)
*Remember Volume 1 was called: What’s Rattling Around The BG Inbox