First is G’s Holiday 6 MI-5. G says: Hope you all don’t mind but I’m offering up the following six (sorry I couldn’t choose which one to leave out) holiday themed questions).
1. Did you believe in Santa Claus when you were a child? Yes until I was about 4 when I looked at my parents and said IS THERE REALLY A SANTA (to which my parents said yes) and then I said “Then why does he shop at Longs?” because someone left a price tag on something. They tried the “Santa ran out of time” bit but I wasn’t falling for that. Then I got the lecture about not spoiling it for my brother…who was the opposite of me and clung to Santa until he was like 9 or 10.
2. Does your town get decorated at Christmas? Tell us about the sights! They put these poinsettia banners on all the down town light poles. And then there is the Hospice Tree of Light on top of the Steinbeck center. And then there are some neighborhoods that do it up big with the christmas lights. Ours is one of them.
3. How many Christmas cards have you receive this year? How many Christmas cards do you send? So far this year I have received 5 (but I haven’t been to my PO box in a couple days so hopefully there are more there) and I sent out 17. I know this because i had three stamps left over in my book of holiday stamps.
4. What does your family traditionally eat for Christmas dinner? Barbecued Turkey, mashed potato casserole (which I don’t like) and rolls are always on the table. There is usually some sort of green salad. Side dishes such as veggies usually change year to year.
5. What is the best Christmas present you have ever gotten? My Orange and Yellow bike when I was a kid.
6. If you could change something about Christmas time, what would it be? Having to work on Christmas Eve (I am low person on the totem pole with only 10 years here) AND BFM living so far away.
And Now…Friday Fill-in #103
1. Said the night wind to the little lamb, who stole all your wool?.
2. The first Noel, the angel did say, hey look-a brand new car.
3. Rushing through the malls , Over the hills and everywhere.
4. It came upon the midnight clear, so we called the cops.
5. It’s returnable so, Let your heart be light.
6. And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing before you swig the tequila.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to buying some last minute presents, tomorrow my plans include standing in line at the post office for an eternity and Sunday, I want to sleep in!