Ok…I love me some NASCAR advertisements. I know I am odd…but its true. I love them. Apparently my fellow bloggers do too because both RaceKitten and The Fast And The Fabulous have released their list of favorite ads. Not to be outdone…here is my list of favorites in reverse order of favorites and why:
5. The Coke Zero Taste Infringement commercial- It’s all about the face Bobby Labonte makes at Michael Waltrip when talking with the Coke reps. Its just for a split second when he cocks his one eyebrow…that part cracks me up. Well that part and the part where the coke rep says “Come on Tony we all know you’re pretty comfortable with that” when Tony says that it would probably get them suspended.
4. The Ron Capps/ Michael Waltrip “I can’t look at you right now” commercial-I have to say that Michael Waltrip makes great commercials. Mostly because he makes fun of himself and he does it in a gracious way. I absolutely love the bird commercial that picked…we actually mock that commercial a lot in my house. However this one has taken over. There are times we often throw “I can’t even look at you right now” back and forth at each other…because we are geeks like that.
3. The Toyota Fan Controller commercial- I think this one is on my list for a couple reasons. First being I saw the making of the commercial and Tony seemed to be quite excited when they told him it was ok to throw his helmet at the car that was chasing him. That and something cracks me up about “Run Zippy. Run For Your Life!” Oh and at the very end when the car comes crashing through the garage stall towards Zippy and Tony…Tony gets the hell outta the way and Zippy just kind of does this little twirl thing. That humors me too…but mostly its the “Run Zippy! Run for your life!”
2. The Feel Better Fast Radio Show commercial- Kevin Harvick and Elliott Sadler totally steal the show on this commercial. That whole exchange at the end where Kevin says the caller might try a new girlfriend and then Elliott just looks at him and shakes his head and then Kevin just shrugs and says “what??” Kevin Harvick reminds me of my brother there. That is so something he would say or do and that is exactly how he would react when we would look and shake our heads. That is why I LOVE that part.
1. The Tony Stewart / Joey Logano Home Depot commercial- There are three things about this commercial I love: Joey Logano’s body language when he cuts the board all crooked- he looks so dejected. Tony Stewart’s facial expression when Joey steps in the paint pan is priceless and spot on. The third part I love is the part at the end when Tony is handing over the steering wheel to Joey and holds onto it for a split second and almost fights for it back. That last thing I love…is also the one thing I hate about that commercial. I hate the whole passing on of the torch…end of an era type deal. Now I won’t go rehashing my thoughts about the whole Stewart Haas Racing thing again – because I have done that here. But yeah…its a love hate with this commercial.
And a newly discovered commericial from 2004 that I think is hilarious: The Coke “Sorry About Your Little Car” commercial. This one you just have to watch but the line “Aw dang sorry about your little car Tony” cracked me up almost as much as Harvick’s face when getting into the cart.