Bulleted list…about nascar…
- Open wheel invasion? I say bring it on. I don’t see a problem with it. John Andretti and Tony Stewart were both open wheelers…
- Tony Stewart seems to be taking to Toyotas like a fish to water (or should I say a race car driver to something with wheels and an engine)? I mean…that Toyota is probably as much like a Camry as my dad’s Silverado anyway. Seriously I have no problem with Toyota in Nascar. I use to own a Toyota. I drove the heck out of it. It was very reliable. Of course I now own a Chevy. Nothing against Toyota….I just love the look of the HHR. And the ride. So smooth. I actually think it was rather a wise idea for Toyota to woo a bigger team (ie JGR) to help them with their sophomore effort in the cup. Nothing would make me more happy than to see Tony and Toyota win a cup.
- And of course when talking about Tony Stewart…the subject seems to be to extend or not to extend. Give the man a chance to think. He is in a new car (COT) in a new manufacturer (TOYOTA) and has a new teammate to boot. I know if I were in his position I too would want to wait a bit…see how the whole COT and Toyota thing feel before I extended my contract. He will extend when and if he wants to. I just hope that he doesn’t leave cup racing…if he chooses not to extend with JGR….following two types of motorsports is too much for me!!
- Speaking of JGR…I think they did a good thing by picking up Kyle Busch. HMS is going to be sorry they let that young man go. That is all I will say there.
- I would like to see the Kasey/Caseys have a stellar season this season…both of them have the potential… would love for them to cross the finish line a lot more in a top five!
- That being said I would also like to see a season where one team (HMS) is not so dominant this season. It makes for boring tv. Seriously.
- Speaking of TV…I am pro- BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY in case you were wondering where I stand on that monumental issue. As a matter of fact…I tend to yell boogity boogity boogity at the tv when the races are being broadcast on a non Fox station.
- Speaking of broadcasts on non-fox stations…AHHHH step up! I want better coverage!!!
- For a good article on the upcoming NASCAR season read this Foxsports article by DW….he has some interesting things to say. Personally I think his view on redoing the chase points is spot on. I totally agree on that!