First up is Bill’s MI-5. Bill sez: This Five is not so much concerned with what kind of movies you like, but how you watch them!
1) When you’re at the theater, how do you want your atmosphere? Do you prefer old theaters or megaplexes? Full houses or intimate seatings? Lots of kids, or none at all? I prefer whatever is playing the movie I want to see at a convenient time. I do prefer movies without young kids- especially babies- so theater’s with family rooms are great- as long as the family’s use them. I also don’t like to be sat on top of so a half empty theater is always best.
2) What’s your “home theater” like? High tech? VCR and TV? What? My home theater is a television and a dvd player. That’s it. Nothing fancy.
3) We’ve probably all got DVD and VCR players, but how about alternative movie watching gadgets? Have you got an Apple TV? Ever watch a movie over the Internet? I have an ipod video but honestly I don’t use it to watch videos very often. I have a couple episodes of Unique Whips (my favorite is the Tony Stewart Hearse one) on it and a Disney movie that I have never watched. Even when I use it to watch the Unique Whips episodes I tend to hook it to the television. That’s it. I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to watching movies I guess.
4) Do you belong to a subscription movie rental service, like NetFlix? If so, how many movies are you renting a month? Are you happy with the service? I had Netflix and I cancelled it because honestly I don’t watch that many movies at home and didn’t feel it was worth my time or money.
5) Share with us your ratio of buying movies to renting them. Do you rent more, or just outright buy your movies? Do you get DVDs, tapes, or movie downloads for your computer most frequently? I tend to buy more than I rent…but even then I don’t buy a lot. I dont’ watch a lot of movies at home…so the ones I buy are ones I love. Like Almost Famous, Star Wars, Anne of Green Gables, that kind of thing.
And Now- Fill-in number 98
1. Please feel free to bring me a cupcake.
2. When I fold laundry I can’t help sniffing it occasionally.
3. My favorite thing to cook is Chicken Enchiladas.
4. Barbecued ribs is something I can’t get enough of.
5. That’s the thing I love most about Summer.
6. Aggressive people at the gas station always makes me think to myself, what the heck?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to getting my laundry done, tomorrow my plans include baking a cake and Sunday, I want to watch Homestead-Miami and celebrate my mom’s birthday!