- Why am I grumpy and grouchy today?
- Why am I using a straw as a spoon for my shake that is frozen into a solid ice cream mass again instead of getting a spoon?
- Why am I even eating ice cream…It’s not one of my favorite desserts?
- Why do I have a rash on the inside of my wrists and no where else…and why doesn’t this rash itch or anything? And why won’t it go away?
- Why has my comment spam tripled suddenly?
- Why does it decide to be overcast and cold on my three day weekend that no one else has?
- Why is there a herd of buffalo in a pen somewhere near Gonzales,CA? And why won’t anyone show me where they are at?
- Why does no one else in my family like pepperoni and pineapple pizza with extra cheese? Or Even just pepperoni pizza? And what is with the light sauce people?
- Why is my iPod always dead on the days when I NEED music? Why?
- Why did I feel the need to post all this drivel on the internet anyway?
1. Some relationships are meant to be forever.
2. Slaughter is the last concert I saw; it was pretty good.
3. Spring should be a time to warm my bones.
4. Oh no! I forgot my checkbook!
5. I’ve recently started hanging out on infield parking.
6. My nephew never fails to make me smile.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to laundry, tomorrow my plans include oogling my nephew and Sunday, I want to (let’s say it all together now…) Watch the race!
And now…Paddy’s Working For A Living MI-5
Paddy sez: Since this issue has been on my mind as of late, here is a 5 about jobs and careers (Billy wanted it to be about funk tunes, but this is cathartic, so bear with me):
- Think back now. What was your first REAL job … you know, one thatyou had a W-2 from at the end of the year. Tell us about it: Actually it wasn’t that far off from what I do now. I was a Student Technician for the IT department. I was mainly assigned to the helpdesk. Ocassionally I would get to shadow one of our technicians and help them in the field. It gave me the great knowledge base I have that helps me in this job.
- Everybody has had a favorite job, perhaps one that they are still in. What was yours? Well I actually like this job most of the time. But my favorite job was as a part time nanny for a little boy. He was the cutest little boy…he was my little buddy. I often wonder if he remembers me. I did this for a couple years before I started at the University and several months in…but I just ran ou of time…but would still babysit occasionally for awhile…but then that dropped off too.
- Remember that job that you thought would be great … that wasn’t? My mom was able to keep me stocked up in the babysitting jobs because she worked at a school. Anyway she had me lined up to sit for this one family…there were three kids and the most I had ever sat at the same time were two but I didn’t think it would be a problem because these kids were all older. OMG they were holy terrors. I prayed for the parents to come back. The dad did and paid me and asked if I could wait he would give me a ride home. I thanked him and said that it was ok I didn’t live that far away (and honestly I didn’t). She would call and ask me to sit again and I just told her I was already booked. Urg.
- What is more important to you in your career choice: Money or Satisfaction? Or both … or something else? Explain: I think there needs to be a balance. You wouldn’t be satisfied to work at a great job if you were paid peanuts…however I don’t think I could work at a job were I made total bank if I hated the job. If that were the case I would be a nurse.
- OK, it’s dream job time. For the sake of this exercise, we’ll assume that you can at least make a comfortable living wage from the work … regardless of its nature. So, what is it that you would choose to do, day in, day out, to earn your daily bread? I would be a writer of some sort. Possibly a sports writer covering nascar? I am not sure…but there is definitely writing in there.
So admittedly I didn’t really write much about the race at Bristol. It was a busy week and I have had a couple of thoughts about the Bristol race rolling around in my noggin for awhile but then all of the sudden it was Easter and then my nephew was born and they got pushed to the side for awhile…so here goes nothing:
I am too tired to go looking it up but I am pretty sure I was one of those fans who thought that the fall race at Bristol last season sucked. I blamed it on the redo of the banking at the track and I am willing to eat my words because I thought the race last weekend at Bristol rocked. It was a good hard race with not too many cautions.
I really want to say this…as my readers know or may have garnered from my blogskin, I am a Tony Stewart fan through and through…and this goes without saying. However, I was a little miffed at the print media after the race. Often Jeff Burton was described as having “stole” the race from Stewart and Hamlin. Stealing, to me, has very negative connotations and I don’t think that Jeff Burton did anything but basically let the win fall in his lap and that isn’t stealing…that is luck (and some skill…I mean he was up there to get it right)? Don’t think I didn’t curse a blue streak when Kevin Harvick took out my Tony (yes I call him my Tony now) and had Kevin Harvick won…I would be more than a little cranky towards him….and I think it would have then been appropriate to say that the race had been stolen from Tony by Harvick.
So now we are onto Martinsville..another short track (I love them) and hopefully another kickass race and it will only be made better if Tony brings home the checkered flag.
- Today I finally actually held my nephew. I decided it has been too long since I held a baby. Why is it when you are sitting on a couch with a fresh newborn cuddled up on your chest the world kinda of slips away?
- I was almost thirty minutes late coming back from lunch. Why? See first bullet!
- Last week Roxy did the strangest thing she has ever done. Well strange for her…probably not strange for dogs…but definitely strange for her: The methodically pulled everything out of the laundry basket (clean) and onto the floor…one item at a time. This is weird because Roxy is usually afraid of the laundry basket and if its in the same room as her she won’t go anywhere near it. Apparently somehow her ball got in it but we have tried this before and she still usually will not go anywhere near it. When my dad told me I didn’t believe him. Until I saw her doing it a bit later with my own eyes. It’s really quite something to see…she drags each piece out by her teeth daintily like she has an egg wrapped up in it. That’s my kooky dog for you. Of course I love my dog…but I still washed all the clothes again..yuck.
- Ahhh my wide-angle addon for my new canon is STILL not in. I am beginning to lose hope for it. Urg.
My nephew to you? MXM (yes those really are his initials) was born on March 24th at 10:18 pm (yes that is 18 hours of labor). He weighed 7lbs 4oz and was 19 inches long. And boy let me tell you he can scream. We could hear him out in the lobby!
First the baby watch update. Things are going slow….that means so far for those keeping track at home…7 hours of labor…and no baby. I am still at work…working.
So my favorite part of Easter is dying eggs…because well…its fun. This weekend was also an “OFF” weekend in NASCAR. I think I was suffering total NASCAR withdrawal this weekend. How do you I know this?? Just look at my eggs:
Feel free to check out the whole flickr set…The Unofficial Easter Eggs of NASCAR for more drivers like: Jeff Gordon (both the traditional and Nicorette paint schemes), Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Burton and more.
Do you want to know what I brought with me to work for breakfast?? Two hardboiled eggs and a Coke Zero. Real healthy right? I brought the Coke Zero because I NEED caffeine BADLY and I knew I wouldn’t have time to stop by starbucks for something before work.
I slept like utter crap last night. I have been sleeping like utter crap overall since the time change…which is odd because usually this time change is the easier one for me. My body tends to just like being on daylight savings time better. Last night had be tossing and turning. Giving up sleep at around two, I grabbed my booklight and a book…read for at least an hour…and then decided to go back to sleep. Rolling around some more…finally drifting off somewhere around 3:30 I figure.
I was awaken by the tell-tell BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP of my cell phone getting a text message at 5:55 this morning. 40 minutes before my alarm goes off and 50 minutes BEFORE I even usually get up. I got up and stumbled around looking for my phone in the dark. I figured for someone to text me that early in the morning it had to be an emergency or some really screwed up spam that I would curse out. It was from my brother letting me know that my SisterInLaw’s water had probably broke at 4:15 and that they were at the hospital. Followed a bit later by confirmation that the water had actually broke and that contractions had started. So looks like today is going to be the day to have a baby. My (first) nephew. Yey. You should have seen my dad jump out of bed when I told him.