Ahh its a gorgeous day today. Let’s start with Paddy’s Radio MI-5:
Paddy sez: I just started a radio show on WRFR 93.3FM in Rockland (streaming on the web at wrfr.org) and I thought a radio-related 5 for this week:
1. What was the first song you remember hearing on the radio? Maybe a favorite that you really looked forward to hearing? Honestly I don’t remember…music has always been a huge part of me…however I don’t have a memory of the first radio music but I am pretty sure it was probably a country song as that was always on in the background in our home as a child. Unless I was at my grandparents house and then it was big band radio at my paternal grandparents house and old old country on the radio at my maternal grandparents house.
2. As a kid, I had a transistor radio that I took with me EVERYWHERE! Did radio play a big part in your childhood? What specifically did you listen to? I had a walkman as on older kid but usually I just played tapes! As a young child I had a turntable and vinyl…my parents gave me some old records. I remember having Jan and Dean, an elvis one, and doors record.
3. When I was a teen growing up in Maine, there were two kinds of kids: WBLM kids (album rock) and WIGY kids (Top 40). Which one, if either, were you? If you aren’t from here (or are older or younger), relate as best you can your listening preferences as a teen. If I lived there I would have been a WBLM kid. Here I started out as a KDON (pop) girl and around jr high moved into being a KMBY girl (Rock) although now KMBY doesn’t exisit anymore. Truthfully the radio stations around here all suck and if I am not listening to my ipod I have it on XM.
4. Do you have a special “radio moment” that you can share? The first time someone ever dedicated a song to me it was .38 Special’s “Caught Up In You” and the song still brings a smile to my face…
5. In this age of micro-mp3 players, XM and iTunes … how often (if at all) do you listen to radio? When I am driving I will listen to XM if I am not listening to my ipod. I consider that radio though.
And now Friday Fill-in #83
1. If I could travel back in time, I’d go to whatever year my paternal grandparents got married because the story is very vague and I would like to find out more.
2. Give me money or give me a book deal.
3. I am listening to the sound of gummy coke bottles being chewed in my head.
4. Somewhere, someone is thinking when will she ever shut up about that NASCAR crap.
5. I’ll always be a NASCAR girl.
6. My idea of a good time includes a sunny day, my bff, garage or pit passes and a camera.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to a movie (maybe Mama Mia?), tomorrow my plans include reading, writing (but no arithmatic) and Sunday, I want to watch Tony and Zippy win Pocono…that evil little triangle shaped track!