How do you make a sticky entry that stays on the top? I can’t for the life of me figure it out….it can’t be that hard!
I figure I should probably get this out quick before Saturday.
First my disorganized thoughts on the Kansas race:
- I have mentioned it before…will mention it again: rain delays suck.
- Tony Stewart needs to add me to his crew…because I was telling him to pit before that tire went down as soon as the flag went green. I just knew that was going to happen. Do you think the radios would work from my living room? I guess that would be what you would call an arm chair crew chief? (although technically I was on the couch).
- Speaking of the above: It was a pretty hard hit- bet he was sore the next day.
- Biffle did win the race- the field was already set when the caution came out. He just needed to cross the finish line…which he did just fine thank you.
- Um rain delays suck.
- People were complaining that the race at Talladega was boring because it is all drafting til the end and then it is jump off the couch exciting (at least it was to me). Um…it has been that way as long as I can remember. This is NOT a new thing. It is NOT because of the resurfacing. It is NOT because of the COT. That is Talladega man. I could never figure out why this track is my dad’s favorite track…because it seems pretty boring to me.
- The Big one? Let’s call it The medium one instead…it wasn’t that big.
- What was with that kamikaze move that Stewart pulled? Was he crazy pulling out of the draft to try to block Newman? I mean seriously? I think I actually yelled “What the hell are you doing???” That was the very definition of being hung out to dry.
- Um rain delays suck.
- Is there a UFC fight on this Saturday? The only reason I ask is that it seems that every single time there is a race under the lights this season it is in conjunction with a UFC fight…and I am stuck yelling at a small screen in the bedroom as the rest of the household watches the fight.
- Tony has won at Charlotte- so I hope he gets a chance to do it again. He has said he likes racing at night because he doesn’t have to get up so early. I don’t blame him there.
- Bobby Labonte is going to be driving a pink car for the cure- which I think is totally awesome BUT I think there needs to be a full time pink car.
- GO TONY!
It is Chrissy’s Birthday so stop on by and say Happy Birthday…and tell her Amy sent ya!!
My bud ETS is out of town and asked me to do some guest posting.
Ok…I admit it. Sometimes I like to play me some video games. I use to LOVE the Sims on my computer. I use to play the SIMS so much that my eyes would cross. I would spend hours building dream homes….and cultivating relationships between my Sims (they were my SIMS…I never got into the online thing). I could get lost in it. Then I started having dreams in which the people in the dreams? They had the big green sims diamond above their head to indicate mood. So I laid off playing the Sims. I figure it is bad when you start to dream in video game.
Then last year my sister-in-law came over to my house sporting a pink nintendo DS. Ooh I fell in love with that little contraption. She actually let me borrow it for a week…and I was hard pressed to give it back. So I asked for one for my birthday in January. I ended up with an IOU because EVERYWHERE was sold out of the pink nintendo DS (and the black and the white too). That happens a lot when your birthday is three weeks after Christmas. I finally ended up getting one in march. That is fun. I like to grab it and play it. I go through phases where I try to complete a whole game. The easiest game I have completed? Pogo Island. Took me less than a day. The hardest so far? Diner Dash. I am so close….I am on the last level…and have been forever. It is driving me nuts. Sometimes my sister-in-law brings hers over and we play together. That is fun too. Or we swap games. Also fun.
Then I heard about NASCAR 08…and oooh how I wanted it. Unfortunately it was only being offered for gaming platforms; PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360. Well that sucks. So I contemplated and contemplated….and spoke with my brother about the benefits of the ps2 vs ps3 vs xbox. Following his suggestion I did go Sony…but not heeding his advice I went with a PS2 because I paid less for it than I did my nintendo ds…yes it was new. My brother told me to wait and buy a PS3…but I didn’t want to wait…AND I didn’t think that I would like it that much to warrant a $499.99 price tag either. Pretty much I was right. I mean I like the PS2…but I don’t think I would have wanted to pay more than I did for it.
I also bought Nascar 08 for the playstation. If you have watched any of the Nascar races this season I am sure you have seen the commercials (I HATE JEFF GORDON or I LOVE JEFF GORDON come to mind). It is fun…but frustrating. I don’t know the controller that well…and I am not that great at the game…yet. Give me time. I can kick butt in the whelan series cars….when I am not running into the wall. It looks more like bumpercars when I play. But like anything I am sure the more I play the better I will get. I have been looking into getting other ps2 games…mostly racing games because that is what I am into. I really want FlatOut2. I have played that a bit on my dad’s computer and I LOVE it….especially the wrecking derbys….there is something that is satisfying about running into other cars on purpose. I also want World of Outlaws 02…but I can’t find it new anywhere (well I found a couple of new copies in the amazon.com marketplace…for $200.00 which is outrageous). So if anyone has it and it is playable…let me know…I would love to borrow it…or buy it off of you…as long as you don’t want $200.00 for it.
This was written after the Kansas race…not Talladega…just FYI.
Two more HATES (original LOVE/HATE post) for the DirectTV NASCAR HOTPASS:
- After the last rain delay at the Kansas race? They forgot to turn the individual driver channels back on for what seemed like forever. So I was stuck having to watch it on the Mix channel – which wasn’t very helpful…because I couldn’t figure out that the race on Cable was moved over to ESPN2….urg.
- After Tony Stewart wrecked out- the 799 (the Tony Stewart Channel) went directly over to being the Clint Bowyer channel- so I missed Tony throwing his fit. I didn’t even KNOW he threw a fit until much later that night whilst talking to BFM. She was all…YOU DIDN’T SEE HIS FIT?? LET ME TELL YOU….
First The Fill-in because I am the Guest Host!
1. If I were a tree I would be an oak because I think they are very magestic.
2. If I were a bird I would fly over hawaii.
3. If I were a book I hope I would be well loved by lots of people and children.
4. If I were a car I would want to be a nextel cup car…they go fast and are well cared for.
5. If I could get rid of one piece of technology it would definitely be cellphones because it bugs me to be in a restaurant and have to hear people’s conversations.
6. If I could get rid of one bad habit at a snap of the fingers it would be biting my nails.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include cleaning and laundry and hopefully some ps2 and Sunday, I want to watch the race in Talladega!
Continue for the MI-5: