1. I read several blogs written by Pastor’s around the U.S. sometimes their posts have nothing to do with the Christian walk but reflect on their own personal life. Like the one I read the other day by Tally Wilgis regarding the alignment of his coffee cup. He stated “I don’t know what it is about me that demands this but I always have to make sure the logo on the Starbucks cup aligns with the logo on the sleeve. Additionally, I have to position the lip of the cup so that I drink in alignment with the logos below.” Do you have any weird OCD issues?
I’m slightly fanatical about handwashing.. mean not overly so but I do wash my hands more than normal people do. I use to fanatical about my foods not touching on my dinner plate but that has gone by the wayside for the most part.
2. Some of you know that In April, 4 years ago I left my South Florida home of 23 years and drove with all my belongings to Maine to start a new life. The only thing Maine offered me was a job & it’s incredible beauty. Friends and family would have to be acquired after I arrived. What major decision/change did you make in your life that surprised your family and friends & how did things work out?
I dropped out of the teaching credential program after I got my B.A. Seemed to work out well in the end.
3. *We often learn certain behaviors by the folks we spend time with. An accent you pick up, words you add to your vocabulary, a certain way of washing your car, tying your shoes or folding your socks. What is something you picked up and who did you pick it up from?
If I am around anyone with an accent other than my own I will pick it up rather quickly. I don’t do it on purpose I just easily pick up on other people’s cadence when speaking. I have always been this way. I also tend to pick up certain slang terms depending on who I am hanging out with.
4. 2 years ago I was online looking up hiking trails and discovered the sport of
Geocaching & found an instant addiction after the 1st time I played. What is something you discovered by accident but has enriched your life?
5. Often we are frustrated by the actions and attitudes of others. If you could influence a behavioral change in someone else, what would it be and how would you go about doing it?
I think people in general need to say “thank you” more. Someone hands you the mail…Thank you. Someone gives you your change…”thank you.” I almost always be sure to say “thank you” even when talking in one of those little drive through boxes.