(Photo credit: Amy K. Marbach)
Well it’s an off week for the NASCAR races this week…but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t stuff pinging around my head like lugnuts during a green flag pit stop.
1. Last week we talked about Brad Keselowski’s comments about Jeff Gordon being in the booth. Afterwards Jeff Gordon interviewed Brad about his comments. You can see that interview here:
While I still do not necessarily agree with some of the things Brad says (especially about what kind of comments someone with a “stake” in the game should be able to make in the booth) I think it’s interesting to hear what he had to say about the situation.
2. Speaking of Jeff Gordon- there is a biography of Jeff coming out in October that I can’t wait to get my hands on it. You can be sure that this book (Jeff Gordon: His Dream, Drive & Destiny, scheduled to release October 18th, by author Joe Garner) will be reviewed for Amy’s #NASCAR Reading List if I have to buy the sucker myself. You can read and excerpt here and order it from the Jeff Gordon store and get some extra digital behind-the-scenes goodies as well as a poster shipped with your book.
3. One more Jeff Gordon tidbit I wanted to point out today before we move on is this article on Popular Speed about the author’s personal experience with Jeff Gordon and his personal experience interview Jeff about his foundation. It’s a good read: WAID’S WORLD: How a Meeting With Gordon Lifted One Man’s Spirit
4. I wanted to share another great article from Kristen Schneider of Skirts and Scuffs. This one is about FoxSports1′s Danielle Trotta. It’s a great read: Danielle Trotta Talks Television, Breaking Barriers, and Giving Back. You know that I am a huge fan of Skirts and Scuffs and this article is another shining example of why.
5. I think Tony Stewart has a great understanding of social media as evidenced in this video from Mobil 1: (more…)