Since it’s the off weekend for Easter- I thought- how can I otherwise engage my fellow Tony Stewart fans? So for you- I have a short story and a giveaway!!
First the story of The Lonely Diecast:
While I was in Vegas for the race, on Thursday morning I went to the local Bass Pro Shops because the nearest one to my house here in California is over two hours away. This one? Was about 10 minutes from where I dropped Misty off for work that morning- maybe 15 depending on traffic. I had several hours to kill so I wandered around the Bass Pro Shop filling my basket full of goodies.
A stop at Bass Pro (Photo Credit: Amy K. Marbach) in Las Vegas is a must every time I am there.
Of course I visited the small Tony Stewart/Austin Dillon display in the store- complete with Tony Standee. I drooled for awhile on this slot car racing kit (it included a Tony car) that was too expensive and too advanced for my young nephews so I looked at all the tshirts and sweatshirts and hats and I bought my dad a hat because they had one that wasn’t pre-aged (my dad doesn’t want a hat that already looks old). While there I noticed there were several RCCA Lionel Racing diecasts- most of them were Austin Dillon. But there was one Tony one from 2014 that was HALF OFF! That is a steal! So I put it in my cart and carried on. When I got home from Vegas I looked at my small but signifigant to me RCCA Lionel diecast collection (hey it’s a collection of you have more than two right?) and decided that I already had a very similar diecast and I don’t really have room for duplicates. What to do with it?!
I decided to give it away to one of you- my lucky readers. But wait…there’s more! I am giving away THREE prize packages. THREE!
And now the Giveaway portion:
Prize 1: The Lionel Racing 2014 Bass Pro Shops 1:24 diecast that I picked up at Bass Pro Shops last month.
Prize 2: A SMOKE Shotglass and two books: Then Junior Said To Jeff.. (It’s not the hardcover- it’s the paperback and it does not have a cd) and Sunday’s Will Never Be The Same by Darrell Waltrip.
Prize 3: A RACR14 license plate from the Tony Stewart foundation in winner’s choice of Black or White (I will purchase it for you and have it sent directly to you from the foundation). Note that this prize is NOT the autographed plate.
Here is how you enter (it’s easy I promise):
1. Leave a comment on this blog entry. It doesn’t matter what it says. It can say Hi!, you can tell me why Tony is your driver (or whoever your driver is), or it can just say something like #SmokeAlwaysRises- whatever. Don’t leave your personal contact information in the comment- just make sure you make the comment using a valid email address in the comment because that is how I will contact you if you are a winner.
2. You can get an extra entry by following me on twitter and tweeting out this statement (copy and paste it into your twitter status and post it): I just entered @Badgroove’s Smokin’ Lonely Diecast Contest and you can too! Visit: http://www.badgroove.com/?p=11352 #NASCAR
3. You MUST leave your comment and/or tweet your tweet before the drop of the Green Flag on Saturday April 11th, 2015 for the Texas cup night race.
1. If you leave more than one comment on the blog post- only one entry per email address in the comments. Note that I have my comments moderated on this blog to help battle spambots…do not panic if you don’t see your comment pop up right away- it just means you haven’t commented before and I haven’t approved it yet. Wait 24 hours and if you still don’t see it email me at badgruv [@] netzero.com.
2. You can get one extra entry only by tweeting the above statement in it’s entirity.
3. I will use a random number generator to pick the three winners. Winners do not get to choose their preferred prize- they will be randomly assigned.
4. I will email the winners (or tweet at them depending on if their comment or their tweet is what won them the prize).
5. By entering you agree to provide me with your name and address for the purpose of shipping your prize to you.
Important disclaimer: This giveaway is not sponsored by any driver, sponsor, race team or company. It’s sponsored solely by BadGroove.com because I wanted something fun to do for my readers!
Here is a gratuitous Tony Stewart picture for you to enjoy while you contemplate what a great giveaway this is:
Tony Stewart during Martinsville qualifying… (Photo Credit: Tony Stewart facebook page/ Rusty Jarrett)