Everyone’s Aunt Ginny’s Taxing MI-5:
1. I got my tax refund last week. Have you filed yet? Will you get a refund? What are your plans for the money? Save? Spend? Something you’ve been wanting and can now get with the “extra money? My taxes are easy peasy so I file right away. I don’t get a whole lot back but I am saving what I did get back for right now…
2. Do you do your own taxes or have someone else do them? I used TurboTax.com and found it very easy to use. I do my own- like I said mine are easy so I am all about EZ forms.
3. Have you ever been audited? What was it like? Nope…I haven’t been audited. But I did make a mistake on my taxes last year…I reversed two numbers and they found it and fixed it. I t was actually in my favor- so yey.
4. Did anyone else hear that Seniors will be getting checks for $250? I heard it once and then nothing more about it. Seems only fair since they don’t benefit from a reduction in payroll taxes. Your thoughts? My thoughts is more money is a good thing no matter who you are. Rich, poor, young or old…right now we could all use a bit more cash in the pocket.
5. Do you wait until April 15 to file if you have to send a check? Or do you just want to get it over with? I usually end up owing the state taxes a couple buck (except this year my high yield saving account interest went way down so I didn’t owe I actually am due back money). I usually just want to get it over with and send in my check when I do my taxes.
And now the Friday Fill-in 114:
1. Telling strangers in the crazy line at the woman’s restroom last Sunday that there was another restroom down the mezzanine with no line was my last random act of kindness.
2. Another place another time…it might have worked.
3. Always listen to you gut in matters of the heart.
4. Coffee, tea or soda.
5. I am afraid we are on separate paths.
6. Our friendship reminds me that there is still kindness and love in the world.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to laundry or I will have to go commando tomorrow, tomorrow my plans include SLEEP-I need a break after my race-cation and Sunday, I want to watch Tony and team office depot dominate at Atlanta!