I always forget how busy the first week of classes can get…my poor little hoarse voice!
I saw that Janet did this…and I decided that I would be one of the people she tagged. I wanted to do this because I thought it was interesting..and challenging. (Be kind…this is harder than it looks!!!).
The Idea is simple: List 10 things you have done that others might not have done. Then Tag 5 people to do the same.
Here I go:
1. I have had a poem published in a literary magazine. Yes I even got paid for it.
2. I have bought a car…by myself…(and I am a girl). That is right I was there completely alone and I did good.
3. I was in a bar and I felt threatened enough to grab my empty beer bottle and consider hitting some drunk guy on the head with it. (No I didn’t actually follow through and technically he was threatening my friend not me…but I was gonna back her up!)
4. I have sat in a Lamborghini. (No it wasn’t moving…darn)
5. I have ridden partially around Laguna Seca Raceway.
6. I have suffered from a caffeine and stimulant (asthma medication) induced panic attack…that was so bad I had to be taken to the doctor.
7. I went to a biker bar…twice (it is now called Angels- isn’t it J?) to see my favorite band…I was barely old enough to get in…and scared as hell…but ended up having a great time both times.
8. I have driven over 100 mph (in my Rav no less- but shhhhh don’t tell my mom).
9. I fell off a moving horse when I was 6…(pulling my cousin down on top of me as we were going) and haven’t been on one since.
10. I once attended three concerts in four day in two different states by the same band. It required a huge amount of driving…and lots of caffeine. But it was fun!!
I have a thing for oatmeal cookies. I love them. So today I bought a pack of oatmeal cookies from the bakery section of my Savemart. I took one out for after lunch (ok so I took two out..bite me!) and as I am enjoying my cookie I get the feeling of something hard. I feared it was my filling…but no…it was walnut shells. Big pieces of walnut shells. Bleck.
Bulleted list…about nascar…
- Open wheel invasion? I say bring it on. I don’t see a problem with it. John Andretti and Tony Stewart were both open wheelers…
- Tony Stewart seems to be taking to Toyotas like a fish to water (or should I say a race car driver to something with wheels and an engine)? I mean…that Toyota is probably as much like a Camry as my dad’s Silverado anyway. Seriously I have no problem with Toyota in Nascar. I use to own a Toyota. I drove the heck out of it. It was very reliable. Of course I now own a Chevy. Nothing against Toyota….I just love the look of the HHR. And the ride. So smooth. I actually think it was rather a wise idea for Toyota to woo a bigger team (ie JGR) to help them with their sophomore effort in the cup. Nothing would make me more happy than to see Tony and Toyota win a cup.
- And of course when talking about Tony Stewart…the subject seems to be to extend or not to extend. Give the man a chance to think. He is in a new car (COT) in a new manufacturer (TOYOTA) and has a new teammate to boot. I know if I were in his position I too would want to wait a bit…see how the whole COT and Toyota thing feel before I extended my contract. He will extend when and if he wants to. I just hope that he doesn’t leave cup racing…if he chooses not to extend with JGR….following two types of motorsports is too much for me!!
- Speaking of JGR…I think they did a good thing by picking up Kyle Busch. HMS is going to be sorry they let that young man go. That is all I will say there.
- I would like to see the Kasey/Caseys have a stellar season this season…both of them have the potential… would love for them to cross the finish line a lot more in a top five!
- That being said I would also like to see a season where one team (HMS) is not so dominant this season. It makes for boring tv. Seriously.
- Speaking of TV…I am pro- BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY in case you were wondering where I stand on that monumental issue. As a matter of fact…I tend to yell boogity boogity boogity at the tv when the races are being broadcast on a non Fox station.
- Speaking of broadcasts on non-fox stations…AHHHH step up! I want better coverage!!!
- For a good article on the upcoming NASCAR season read this Foxsports article by DW….he has some interesting things to say. Personally I think his view on redoing the chase points is spot on. I totally agree on that!
Yesterday I turned thirtysomething. My birthday was a complete disaster. Two family members forgot my birthday all together…whatever. The plumbing in the whole house went nasty bad. Because of that I didn’t even get my birthday dinner…it wasn’t anyone’s fault (except that bitch fate…who needs a good spanking)….but still my birthday rather sucked.
Plus I think I am officially old now…even though technically I feel about 24 mentally…I am no where near that age anymore. There has been a definite funk around these parts for the last ten days or so…and I missed the Chili Bowl (thank god for dvrs) because I got busy shopping for lamps (not for me…for my brother and sister in law because their new house…has NO OVERHEAD LIGHTING!) and helping my brother move (my help may have been limited to going to home depot and buying 8 cardboard moving boxes…and dropping them off at their apartment…but I will never tell).
The only thing that has even semi pulled me out of my funk? Is when Craig Morgan’s INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER song came on the radio and I screeched along with it on my way back from lunch today. I don’t know why…but I LOVE that song. I think I identify with it because I am often stuck behind tractors, harvesters, plowers, and other various farm equipment on my way to and from work.
So tell me…how old do YOU think I am?
What songs pull YOU out of a funk?
What was your suckiest birthday?
I just now remembered that I wanted to talk about the Chili Bowl. No I am not talking beans and meat (and noodles for some but I think that is weird) in a saucy concoction…I am talking RACING. For the first time in its 22 years the Lucas Oil Chili Bowl will be on pay-per-view this Saturday January 12th. Touted as the biggest dirt race out there…and you can be darn tooting that I have already purchased it and set it up to record on my DVR. For those with DirecTV I think it is on Channel 123 or 124 I can’t remember.
I am immensely looking forward to watching this race (even though I won’t be able to catch the semi-finals). Drivers from all types of racing turn out to try out for the golden driller. I will, of course, be rooting for Tony Stewart…because how can I NOT root for Tony. It will be fun. I only wish I could show up at the race itself…which sells out months and months in advance.
“…Shufflin’ on down, doin’ it for you.”
Seen over at FondofSnape (which is back! yey!)!
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the Next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?
Shout It Out by Slaughter
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Without You by Motley Crue
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Don’t Cry by Guns N Roses
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Poor Me by Joe Diffie
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
Lay Your Hand On Me by Sammy Hagar
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Unknown Destination by Slaughter
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
You Got The Wrong Man by Tim McGraw (FUNNY!)
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! by Dean Marton
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Livin’ On A Prayer by Bon Jovi
10. WHAT IS 2+2?
Take My Breath Away by Berlin
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Sister Christian by Night Ranger
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Someday I’ll Be Saturday Night by Bon Jovi
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Here’s Your Sign by Bill Engvall
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Wasted Generation by Steel Dragon
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Delicious Surprise by Beth Hart
16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Set Me Free by Velvet Revolver
17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Have A Drink On Me by AC/DC (Um somehow I don’t think so)
18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
I’ve Got A Theory/Bunnies/If We’re Together by the Cast of Buffy The Vampire Slayer
19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Pick Up Man by Joe Diffie
20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Sweet Child O Mine by Guns N Roses
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Cry Tough by Poison
22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS?
I’m A Long Way From Home by Shooter Jennings
Today is my first day back and work and at blogging since I went on “vacation.” That vacation included celebrating our annual family gift exchange, white elephant exchange and annual dinner on Christmas eve…and while technically I had to work on Christmas eve…I did get off at noon….leaving straight for the post office to but a stop on the mail delivered to my box until I returned today. Then it was off to pick up Grandma and take her to our house where guests had already started arriving….for good food, fun and general merriment. That lasted well into the evening – interrupted only by my grandma wanting to be taken back directly after dinner (we were- after some cajoling able to convince her to stay until after the gift exchange). Christmas Day festivities with immediate family was celebrated far later in the afternoon as Marie (my sister in law) had to work but we were glad to wait as you have not experienced a holiday until you have seen the glee with withc my sister-in-law opens presents. The following day was spent packing as the Thursday after Christmas I was off to Las Vegas…yes again….to spend time with BFM, exchange presents, ring in the new year…and catch a concert (Ricky Nelson Remembered) and two movies (27 Dresses- highly recommended and National Treasure- also recommended). I got back before the big storm hit…thankfully because I have a feeling I would have caught snow going over the mountains (I actually go over two and a half mountain passes in the 500 miles I travel to vegas). I have spent the last few days worrying about possible hail hitting my car, trying not to park under trees…and just decompressing. Then the storm hit and my Grandma was without power over 24 hours. We finally went and picked her up and brought her over to our house during a break in the storm so she could spend time in a warm house being mildly entertained by television…(we were watching The Holiday…which my mom and I liked…but my grandma not so much). Fifteen minutes into the movie or so my dad called to tell us the electricity was back on and Grandma was ready to be taken home. Urg.
So I come into work today…to find my office taken over by ants. Evil little black creatures that they are have ended up everywhere in our office. We just want to be rid of the suckers but they aren’t able to spray for them until Friday. On top of that..the heater is stuck on so it is boiling hot in here….and I mean hot. So if I don’t boil to death I may be carried away by ants. Hopefully neither will happen.