I have made it no secret here that in about 7 weeks I will be made an aunt. They already know it is a boy and already have a name picked out for him. Since we found out it was a boy I have been buying things for it here and there…(mostly clothes items). For the shower though I wanted to get something good. Something that wasn’t clothes. Luckily…during the perfect time in my sister-in-laws pregnancy a Babies R Us sprouted up in our town (which previously did not have one). So I went to our local Babies R Us and printed out their registry. I decided on “a baby spa” which is much like the old traditional baby tub except it comes with a special insert for when they are very young and it also comes with a shower head attachment that you can use both in the baby tub when they are young and detach it and use it in the bath tub when they are older. Plus it makes the little plastic tub a whirlpool or something. It was on their registry only in a slightly different model (that was no longer carried anymore). When I bought it I tried to persuade the lady at customer service to take it off the registry because I knew it was the one they wanted since the one they registered for is no longer available. She refused. I bought it anyway and wrapped it and all that stuff and was keeping it in the cargo area of my car. Some of the ladies she works with gave her an impromptu shower and she received two tubs just like the one I got her (our official shower for her is next weekend). So I unwrapped mine and took it back to Babies R Us. Lesson learned there…if it isn’t the exact model on the registry…don’t buy it. So I probably wandered around that store for two hours. I ended up spending twice as much…because their stuff is so darn cute. And my mom was with me and she bought even more stuff for them even though she already bought them a ton of good stuff. When my mom and I left that store yesterday afternoon we made a pack. We can NOT go in that store until after the baby is born…our bank accounts depend on it.
This time I WILL hit publish on the fill-in! Without further ado…it is Friday Fill-in number 57
1. Once I was lost in the forest of Northern California with my parents and little brother.
2. I hate being sick.
3. Today at work I was finally able to do some catching up – its been busy.
4. What’s the open-wheel fuss all about? (in Nascar)
5. If I make a mistake I try to fix it asap.
6. When I woke up this morning, I thought its Friday- YEY!!!.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to not crocheting (I have been working on my baby bunting project every evening this week–and its pretty much done), tomorrow my plans include going and buying buttons for my baby bunting and Sunday, I want to change my sheets (exciting huh?)!
When Dale Jr announced his new ride, my friend the Hendricks Motorsports fan, told me that Hendricks would rue the day they let Kyle Busch go to make room for Dale Jr. I laughed her off. I was definitely not quiet last season about hoping that Jr would sign with Joe Gibbs Racing, and admit slight disappointment that he didn’t. When Joe Gibbs Racing announced that they were picking up Kyle Busch I was skeptical. The kid’s got attitude (hey he is only 22- I can call him a kid)– not that my driver Tony Stewart doesn’t. As a matter of fact attitude is part of the reason I love Tony.
When I heard how strong the Toyotas were running at the Daytona testing, I started to get a little excited (Ok- a lot excited). Overall at Daytona, Tony ran sixth fastest and Kyle ran thirteenth fastest. Then they started testing at Las Vegas this week and Kyle was fifth fastest yesterday morning and the fastest in the afternoon with Tony right on his tail with second and third fastest (testing in both 20A and 20B). This morning Kyle is right up there at third fastest again. I am beginning to think that Kyle Busch was a wise investment afterall. What you have to remember is not only are Tony and Kyle dealing with the new COT cars…but they have changed from Chevy to Toyota.
This being said I really can’t wait for my NASCAR season to start. After watching parts of the Rolex 24 I am itching for my NASCAR fix. I cringed when I found out that my sister-in-law’s baby shower was the same day as the Bud Shootout at Daytona (that signals the beginning of NASCAR season to me). This is the year I am attending my first ever NASCAR race! GO TONY GO!
Some of my most recent favorites. Lots of classic cars- I have always loved the lines on classic cars which is probably why I picked my new car as the lines are similar to that of an older car. Lots of cuddly animals and flowers…snow. As always click on the collage to go to flickr so that you can see the links to the originals- go give the photographers some props!
I really got to remember to hit publish on these fillins.
Here is fill in 56
1. Sunlight makes me happy.
2. I would like sunlight, please. (no more rain!)
3. barbecued Tri-Tip tastes SO good!
4. Saturday is my favorite day of the week because no work!.
5. My sense of humor my best feature.
6. We could learn so much from reading.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing with a cup of tea, tomorrow my plans include a baby shower planning session and Sunday, I want to vacuum out my car!
Well it has been pretty stormy here lately and frankly that means I haven’t been much of anywhere actually…however I did have a lil mini-panic yesterday when I realized that there are two weeks left until my sister-in-law’s baby shower….and I wasn’t even a quarter done on the baby bunting project…so I have been hooking away at it. I am probably a little over half way done now (ok I admit I spent like hours today working on it. Literally hours). The hardest part it coming up next….but I saved that for tomorrow when I am fresh.
I was originally going to make a matching blanket…BUT I definitely do not have enough time and I am seriously doubting if I have enough yarn. So I decided I would like to try booties. So if anyone here has a good bootie pattern email me the link (or leave it in comments). Preferably the easier the better!
I always forget how busy the first week of classes can get…my poor little hoarse voice!
I saw that Janet did this…and I decided that I would be one of the people she tagged. I wanted to do this because I thought it was interesting..and challenging. (Be kind…this is harder than it looks!!!).
The Idea is simple: List 10 things you have done that others might not have done. Then Tag 5 people to do the same.
Here I go:
1. I have had a poem published in a literary magazine. Yes I even got paid for it.
2. I have bought a car…by myself…(and I am a girl). That is right I was there completely alone and I did good.
3. I was in a bar and I felt threatened enough to grab my empty beer bottle and consider hitting some drunk guy on the head with it. (No I didn’t actually follow through and technically he was threatening my friend not me…but I was gonna back her up!)
4. I have sat in a Lamborghini. (No it wasn’t moving…darn)
5. I have ridden partially around Laguna Seca Raceway.
6. I have suffered from a caffeine and stimulant (asthma medication) induced panic attack…that was so bad I had to be taken to the doctor.
7. I went to a biker bar…twice (it is now called Angels- isn’t it J?) to see my favorite band…I was barely old enough to get in…and scared as hell…but ended up having a great time both times.
8. I have driven over 100 mph (in my Rav no less- but shhhhh don’t tell my mom).
9. I fell off a moving horse when I was 6…(pulling my cousin down on top of me as we were going) and haven’t been on one since.
10. I once attended three concerts in four day in two different states by the same band. It required a huge amount of driving…and lots of caffeine. But it was fun!!