I was tagged to do the 7 Weird things about me meme by E. She is wicked cool and a NASCAR fan to boot so heck yeah I will give it a go. Plus, sometimes I love me a good meme. Anyway…here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My 7 Weird Things About Me:
- I am entirely self taught when it comes to crocheting…I just was bored one day and found some yarn and a hook and a book and gave it a go. My sister-in-law gets some credit teaching me how to interpret patterns…but other than that I figured it out all by myself. I made several attempts to do the same thing with knitting but I just can’t do it. I figure I am too uncoordinated for it.
- While I am not a big fan of creepy crawly things like bugs…BEES (or anything yellow and black and with a stinger) really wig me out. Once BFM and I were at Angel Island on a tour (because we do stuff like that), and we had stopped at the little cafe to eat before our tour group left for the tour. A couple of bees decided they liked the design on my sweatshirt and were hovering right around in front of me…and I freaked out, stood up (nearly knocking the little plastic patio table over) and yelled “GET THE F**K AWAY FROM ME” and flailed about a bit…until I realized it was the sweatshirt they were attracted to …which I promptly took off and tied around my waist so the evil creatures could not see the design. Of course everyone else on the patio thought I was talking to either myself or BFM and were probably ready to have me taken to a nice padded room.
- I am extremely tactile. I love to touch things. It is especially evident if you go yarn shopping with me. I have to feel the yarn. Pick it up. Hold it. Compare it feel wise with other yarns. That is just how I am. I also learn the best using hands-on approaches. Actually “doing” whatever instead of reading about it. I love museums…but they can sometimes be torturous to me because I often want to touch the exhibits. When I was at Home Depot checking out the Tony Stewart Show car all I really wanted to do was touch it. Touch the car touch the seat, touch the window net, touch the steering wheel…etc….but I didn’t (I can refrain luckily) because there was a sign asking not to touch…which actually leads well into my next weird thing about me…
- I have a need to be a rule follower. I find it incredibly hard to do something I know is against the rules. This isn’t to say that I never break the speed limit (Oh contrary) but in general I want to follow rules and procedures. I am not too much of a rebel. It has to do with a strongly ingrained respect (almost to a flaw) of authority that I think my parents instilled in me when I was young.
- I am constantly writing in my head. Unfortunately rarely do these things make it out of my head and onto paper. I write (in my head) blog entries, stories, poems…you name it. Usually while doing things like driving to work, taking a shower, shopping for socks, you get the idea.
- I have debilitating shyness. I have always been this way. If I am in a group of strangers the shyness can be so bad all I want to do is flee the room and curl up at home in my bed. It use to be worse when I was younger…when I was younger it was so bad I could not pick up a phone and call someone I didn’t already know, as in I couldn’t call a store to see if they were open. It was that bad. Of course I have to do that all the time now for my job…so that part isn’t as bad…but I am still not great with the face-to-face stuff. This has on, several occasions, caused me embarrassment. When faced with someone “famous” or someone that I
love idolizelike, it can cause me to to clam which makes for a very awkward moment.
- I have a fetish for office supply stores and bookstores and can usually not walk out of either empty-handed. The bookstores always tease me with all these fantastical new books that beg me to take them home. At the office supply stores I almost always walk out with pens and post-it notes…if not other things.
Did you notice I didn’t tag anyone? I hate tagging people because they may feel obigated…I would like to see ETS, CHRISSY and BILL play along if they feel they want to though (see how I got out of that one???)