- Yes I know… that is a beer commercial…but it was the first snappy (so says me) title with the word bullets in it that came to my head.
- I have recently decided that I really want a playstation 2 or 3 or an xbox 360. Why? So I can play NASCAR 08…and that is the only reason. Hee hee. Seriously I really want to play it. Pogo.com has an EA web version of nascar racing and I play it sometimes. I always race at Bristol as Tony Stewart and I have been getting pretty good. My best finish? Third! I raced once at Atlanta and kept crashing…boo me.
- I can pretty much guarantee that my subscription to Nascar Illustrated will start sometime this week. How? I broke down and bought the copy that is on stands today. You would have thought I would have learned my lesson last month with my CROCHET TODAY subscription that I did the same thing with. But NOOOO I just don’t learn.
- Is it weird that I am incredibly excited that James Denton is the Grand Marshall of the Brickyard 400 race this weekend? (Um…No…he is super hot should be your answer).
- Now that I have finished Harry Potter, I am onto Driver #8 and I am only a couple pages in and I can tell you that I am going to love this book! It will chronicle Dale Earnhardt Junior’s rookie year as a cup driver and I am just on the Daytona 500 section (basically the first chapter) but I have found some passages so interesting that I have to stop and read them to my mom (who is a big Jr. Fan).
- Heads up! Soon I will be leaving on a short vacation/belated birthday celebration where BFM and I are meeting up in a top secret locale to celebrate her birthday in person with good food and fun times. Rumors are we may be joined by a big mouse and a wicked witch…and a concert. I hope some peeps will guest post for me…to keep you all entertained whilst I am out and about having fun without you.
- I hate it when starbucks makes me the wrong drink and I don’t notice it until I leave. Now I am stuck with a black tea lemonade…that is really a green tea lemonade and I hate their green tea because it has these weird spearminty undertones that is gross in lemonade.
This last weekend was an off weekend in Nascar world. No race meant for me that I didn’t have to worry about setting my dvr (I usually watch the races when they air…but sometimes things happen and I can’t…). From what I read, some drivers went on short vacations, some spent time with their families and some drivers…well they raced anyway. It doesn’t seem weird to me at all…I work on computers all day…but sometimes when I go home- I will go on my computer and fiddle and play…because I like computers.
Carl Edwards was doing just that last weekend…he was racing at a dirt track and he happened to crash and injured his thumb when he did. Now some people think that Cup drivers shouldn’t be out there playing in the dirt (or other racing venues) when they have an obligation to race in their cup car nearly every weekend. In this weeks SPEEDMAIL, Larry McRenyolds states that these drivers are taking too much of a risk by competing in alternate forms of racing…other than their Cup cars….specifically dirt track racing.
However I don’t think that is the case. Many of the Cup drivers come from roots in dirt track racing…and a lot of them (Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne) like to go back and throw some dirt (or slide on pavement) on their off days. It is like going home. Yeah they can get hurt. But they can also get hurt driving (or walking) down the street to buy a gallon of milk (or messing around in golf carts…just ask Jimmie Johnson). I can only imagine the amount of adrenaline running through your veins as you loop around a track going 180 mph or more…so sitting at home playing video games probably doesn’t have the same thrill….I think you would rather have your driver running around a dirt track somewhere instead of oh…I dunno…jumping out of planes or other hair-brained stunts fueled by a need for adrenaline amongst other things. At least this way they are relatively protected and know what they are doing….I really don’t see a problem with it. To me it would be like telling a professional football player he couldn’t play some football with his buds on Sunday on the off season…or like telling a librarian she can’t go home and read books….
I finally finished!!! Despite a hellacious work day I was able to finish Harry Potter!! Yey me. Feel free to leave comments if you want to discuss the outcome of the book with me.
I will be reading Harry Potter (DO NOT SPOIL IT FOR ME LESS YOU WANT ME TO HATE YOU!) provided I get a copy with no reservation tomorrow (I am hoping I will).
If I post anything about the book I shall be sure to mark the posts as spoilers and hide the main part of the entry. I am not a fast reader so please do not spoil it for me!
Chrissy made a comment on one of my RoxyBlog entries…stating that looking at a picture of Roxy made her day better. I am having a bad day and then my dad finally emailed me (he has trouble left hand mousing) this picture that I took with his camera the other day.
This is that picture of Miss Roxy I was referring too when I told you I had taken the best picture of Roxy with my dad’s camera. I was going to save it for tomorrow…but I will think up something new to post about tomorrow.
Bill says: This week’s MI-5 is based of the most recent “Antiques Roadshow” I saw on PBS. They were in Portland, I think.
1) For the kid who brought in the Summer, Winter, and Fall figurines (Spring was missing): Do you have something that you’ve held onto, even though it’s missing some pieces, or may even be broken? What is it? Why do you hang onto it?
Every year for my birthday my maternal grandma gave us these birthday porcelain angels. Well as a young child I thought they were stupid and I actually played with them…and wound up breaking several. I still have them superglued together. I don’t know why I keep them. Part sentimental I guess and part just because I am a packrat. (more…)
I am trying to keep up with my blogging roll I have been on lately…but I really don’t have much to talk about today. I really REALLY wanted to share with you this awesome picture I took of Miss Roxy the best beagle in the world…(ok so that is an exaggeration) but I can’t share it with you? Why Because when I took it? I took it with my dad’s camera so it is stuck in his camera until he figures out how to mouse lefthanded because NO ONE touches his computer equipment (nor do they want to..because then if he has a problem with it? It is all on you…even though you touched it like three months ago for three minutes). You will have to trust me she is darling in the picture..even though I had to corner her behind a chair to get the picture.
What else? Oh…while we are on the topic of dogs…I have been reading about the Atlanta Falcon’s football player indited on charges of running a dog fighting outfit. I have been trying to put into words the complete disgust I have about it…but there are no words for how abominable the actions they took were. Not to mention their unhumane methods of putting down the injured dogs or puppies that weren’t aggressive enough for them (electrocution? Body slamming puppies on the ground? Hanging?). I just can’t imagine anyone being so cruel to animals.
This will be the fourth year I have entered something in the county fair. The first year I entered a baby blanket (crocheted) and a home made card. I won first prize for the blanket and the card. The second year I entered several items…including a crocheted shawl (first place), two crocheted scarves (second and no place). The third year I entered two crocheted bowls (honorable mentions), another home made card (no place), and two photos on a whim (both got honorable mentions).
I had lofty goals to enter tons of stuff. I was going to make a full sized afghan…that didn’t happen (but I have all the supplies in my yarn stash). Then I was going to crochet a stuffed monkey…well he is still in pieces…so maybe I can enter him next year. Then I was gonna enter a small crocheted bag that someone asked me to make…well I still haven’t even gotten the yarn for that one….
What am I entering, you ask? Well I am entering four photographs in the digital photography untouched category. Entering the photography category last year was nerve wracking because I entered two photos I took with my little point-and-click camera..that I hated. I have since bought another point-and-click camera…that I love. And it is still daunting to enter this category. My camera isn’t high end…hell it isn’t even medium end (ok maybe it is at the low-end of medium-end). But I love my camera…and I love to take pictures. They have like twelve subdivisions of the digital photography category. You can enter four pictures…up to two per category. I am chancing it and entering four different categories.
My dad…who has far far far superior equipment had decided to enter four pictures as well…two in two categories. One of my pictures? Will be going up against two of his pictures. Nice…and one of those pictures that I am up against? Is even similar in subject matter (a race car). Now some people may be surprised to find out that I am EXTREMELY competitive when it comes to anything I do (just ask my thursday lunchtime board game group at work). I so want to kick his butt. I know I won’t though…I have seen a small slice of my competition and it is far better. I think if I even place in that particular category- my dad will place ahead of me. I think he should anyway. My only hope is to outshine him by bringing home more ribbons than he….and the smack I talk about it. Because I am a smack talker let me tell you…(again just ask my thursday lunch group).
I got my prints all mounted and ready for the fair…which do you like best: