Lisa’s Scrapping MI-5
“I know. I know. Just what you wanted. An MI-5 about scrapbooking! As you all know, I am a scrapbook consultant for Close To My Heart. Our summer catalog features five new paper collections. I will give you a brief description of each collection, and you tell us a story, a thought, a song, or whatever else you can think of that somehow ties in with the collection (title, theme or color).”
1) “Route 66”. Travel themed paper with plaids and polka dots. Colors include Clover Meadow, Cranberry, Moonstruck, and Sunflower.
I love to drive. I haven’t gone on many road trips lately because well…the Rav is still acting up on me and frankly I don’t trust her. I have a road trip in approximately 3.5 weeks….it has been planned several months in advance and tickets to certain events correlating with said road trip have been purchased…so what am I gonna do? Well…BFM totally found me an awesome rate on a rental car. So good infact I upgraded myself to a FULL SIZE! I really want to get an IMPALA but I bet I end up with something much more hideous. I just pray it isn’t red. I hate red cars.
2) “Majestic Blue”. Nautical themed paper with sailboats and compasses. Colors include Bamboo, Crystal Blue, Desert Sand, and Outdoor Denim.
I love to take pictures at the ocean on foggy days…which are plenty around here. I haven’t done it lately though…I think I will have to try for some new pictures. You can check out my last photography session at the beach on a foggy day here on flickr though if you want to.
3) “Expedition”. Safari themed paper with leopard print and leaves. Colors include Autumn Terracotta, Bamboo, Olive, and Sunflower.
Bill said a Ford product…which is what I thought initially too. Then that got me thinking about the time that BFM and I decided to rent a Ford Mustang Convertible and cruise down to Santa Barbara (3 -4 hours away) with the wind in our hair. Well the rental place ran out of the convertible mustangs…and we ended up with a Ford Escape (a small SUV) not quite what we had in mind. It was blue. We did go to Santa Barbara…but no wind blowing in our hair. We had an expedition at the zoo there…and visited the beach and the wharf…and downtown and then drove home. Fun times.
4) “Let’s Get Together”. Picnic themed paper with flowers, stripes, and dots. Colors include Breeze, Buttercup, Cranberry, and Garden Green.
Weirdly enough…this makes me think of AEROSMITH and the song Come Together which makes absolutely NO sense to me at all lyrically but I still like the song…(how odd huh?). I mean…what the hell does this mean:
He wear no shoeshine
He got toejam football
He got monkey finger
He say I know you, you know me
One thing I can tell you
Is you got to be free
Anyone? Maybe it’s just better that I don’t know what it means.
5) “Floral Tapestry”. Very feminine floral theme with flowers, stripes, and dots. Colors include Garden Green, Orchid Bouquet, Twilight, and Vanilla Cream.
The first thing I think of is the Rick Nelson song Garden Party…probably because of the whole Garden Green. I love that song– my favorite lines:
But it’s all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can’t please everyone, so ya got to please yourself
The second thing it makes me think about is the band Cream which makes me think of the movie Almost Famous, one of my favorite movies.