- Ok- as a race fan I am going to make a confession to you. My friend and I discussed this during our respective lunch breaks on Thursday and we are both equally confused. I do not understand HOW the field is set at Daytona. I mean I understand that the first row is set on qualifying day. And some but not all Go-or-Go homers are locked in the field on time. Then there are the Gatorade Duels. Where the field is split in two 60 lap heat races. But from there I do not understand how the field is then set. At least I am not the only one… Tony Stewart doesn’t understand either!
- Speaking of Tony, let’s talk about Stewart-Haas Racing for a minute. I am just wondering if the people who thought they wouldn’t be competitive out of the box are eating crow right now? I could be biased since Tony is my driver but Stewart-Haas Racing seem pretty damn strong to me. Stewart did well in the Shootout. Both Tony AND Ryan did well in on Pole day. Tony did awesome in the Duels. Ryan seemed pretty solid in his duel as well until take out by Ruet.
- Email exchange with my friend regarding Ryan Newman’s crash during the second Duel:
- Me: Do you think “Tony the Owner” will have a talk with Ryan Newman about getting pissed at Reutimann or will “Tony the Owner” understand because of his experience as “Tony the Driver”. AND will “Tony the Owner” be pissed at Reutimann for wrecking “his” race car? All things to think about.
- Her: Tony the Owner” will prob manslap* Newman and buy him a beer- lol!
- I may be a Tony fan but I was glad to see Jeff Gordon have a good finish. And for the record? I like his new paint scheme this year.
- Speaking of paint schemes. I have decided officially I like the Office Depot paint scheme better than the Old Spice paint scheme.
- Raygan Swan’s Splash N Go article this week on NASCAR.COM earlier this week was a silly guide to fans. I think she was trying to be tongue in cheek- however she tells fans “Last, get your supplies. Umbrellas for the Fontana, Calif.” However I do not recommend this….if you are heading towards Fontana FYI- Umbrellas are not allowed at the track in Fontana (or in Vegas) unless they have changed the track rules from last season!
Dear DirecTV- AHHHH now you have really made me mad. After having hotpass for two years now- you decide to drop it? THAT REALLY SUCKS! I greatly miss being able to hear what is going on in Tony’s car during the race. DAMN YOU! I bet you still have the other sport packages! Why did NASCAR have to be cut? —Disgruntled, AMY PS. Don’t try to tell me to get that NASCAR.COM thing where I can hear the audio…doesn’t work for me because I have dial up…AND my computer is not in the same room as my TV.
Dear QVC- You have angered me too! How? Well first there is a big deal made about the FOR RACE FANS ONLY show that is starting off this season with Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart as guests. So I dvr it- and hear wonderful things about it. I was really looking forward to getting some glimpses of the Stewart Haas Racing shop. I go to watch said DVR and end up with two hours of an electronics showcase. MAJOR FAIL, QVC! MAJOR! Your in disgruntlement- AMY PS. Don’t try to make up for it by showing me all the cool diecasts of Tony’s that I can’t afford.
*-manslap is defined by my friend and I by that strong shoulder (or sometimes back) pat/slap that men give each other. Usually in a WAY TO GO kind of way. Not to be confused with the “good game” butt slap.