Sometimes there are many things I want to share but I either don’t have time to devote a whole post to it, or there just isn’t enough content there to devote a whole post to it so I am going to start back up my lists, which, for now, will be called What’s Rattling Around In The BG Inbox*! These will be a list heavy on NASCAR & Tony Stewart of course, but may mention other things- you never do know what is sitting in my email inbox or in my mind waiting for me to share it with you. It will also have a gratuitous Tony Stewart picture or two because when do I ever not need an excuse to tuck a Tony Stewart picture on a post. Let me know what you think of the new feature (and if you can think of a better name for it) in the comments or via social media! So this is the very first “What’s Rattling Around In The BG Inbox*”
What’s rattling around this week:
- Have you seen the Kyle Busch Days Of Thunder trailer video? It’s GREAT- a must watch. You can also find the blooper reel for it here.
- Speaking of NASCAR movies- I loved the movie Days of Thunder. I couldn’t stand the movie Talladega Nights but then again I can’t stand Will Ferrell as an actor so I blame the fail for me on him. I want a new (not a Days of Thunder reboot) NASCAR/Stock car racing movie! Hear that Hollywood?! Make it so!
- On a related note I have heard that there is a scripted TV drama in the works about NASCAR…we will see if that comes to fruition. While it would be really cool for us fans I am not confident it will happen because I remember there was something similar in the pipes about five years ago but nothing every became of that either.
- I haven’t mentioned the Tony Stewart Foundation lately! They have many ways you can help them make a difference in the lives of critically ill or physically disabled children; at-risk or endangered animals; and drivers injured in the sport of motor racing. There are many ways you can help- a donation, becoming a lap leader (a monthly donation of $10 or more), or something as simple (and free to you) as using AmazonSmiles and setting up your donations to go to The Tony Stewart Foundation- that way the foundation gets a tiny donation from amazon every time you shop. All those tiny donations can lead to helping children, animals or injured drivers and is free to you just by buying whatever you usually do on Amazon.
- Speaking of the Tony Stewart Foundation- if you live near or happen to be traveling near Tony Stewart’s hometown of Columbus IN on July 14 2015 you might want to consider going to some TQ Midget racing because it’s “Tony Stewart Foundation Night” at the Bartholomew County Fairgrounds in Columbus. Adult general admission is $10 and children under 12 are $5. Racing begins at 7 p.m. and the feature will pay $500 to win, $125 to start with all positions increased.
- I was excited to find out that Joanna Lower mentioned on facebook that her video for her song for Tony Stewart “Smoke Will Rise” has gotten over over 530 views in a little over 48 hours! You can hear her song and read our interview with her here.
- If you have read BG for any length of time you probably know I am a big fan of the blog SkirtsandScuffs. I have been really enjoying the Rookie Stripe column lately- it’s from the perspective of a relatively new NASCAR fan. I love that concept! The post on road racing also features one of my pictures from Sonoma last year!
- For those curious- I have discontinued writing for Fansided’s Beyond The Flag. While I learned a lot working with the other writers over at BTF I felt it was taking away from my blogging here and made the choice to resign.
- In The Pipes: I am working on finishing up the Sonoma Race Diary post, as well as a post featuring Tony Stewart tattoos (got any? email me email@example.com), and some other exciting content!
Gratuitous Tony Stewart Picture:
* I have had a heck of a time naming this column so I am not married to the “What’s Rattling Around In the BG Inbox” title…if you have any ideas PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!
#KeepDiggingTony #SmokeAlwaysRises #Faithinthe14