Tony Stewart will have a little extra incentive to take care of business and win his Duel on Thursday. Not only will he want to win purely for the sake of winning and getting the best starting position possible for Sunday’s Daytona 500…but he can win a little extra money for the Tony Stewart Foundation if he does- all thanks to Lexmark! Lexmark not only announced the release of it’s new Lexmark Genesis s815 printer yesterday available at an Office Depot near you (or online from OfficeDepot.com), but it also announced a donation of $10,000 to the Tony Stewart Foundation and offered to double it if he wins his Duel race. That is $20,000 smackers for the Tony Stewart Foundation to put towards it’s mission of serving chronically ill children, endangered animals, and injured drivers.
“The Duels at Daytona are always exciting because the higher you finish, the better your starting spot is for the Daytona 500. But for this year’s Duel, I have a little added incentive knowing that the Tony Stewart Foundation could receive some extra funding if I win,” said Stewart, who has awarded almost $4 million to assist charitable initiatives through his foundation since 2003. “I am so proud to partner with companies like Office Depot and Lexmark that believe in Taking Care of Business by giving back to their communities and to those in need. As for the wager, the new Lexmark Genesis S815 printer is really fast, and in our business, speed counts.”
So if Tony wins his Duel it’s not only a great starting position in the 500 but a big with for him…and for his foundation! All I can say is: Go Tony Go!!!
Okay…the 2011 NASCAR season is ALMOST here. We are definitely on the downhill side of the off-season. I honestly don’t know how football and baseball and all those other kinds of sports fans deal with longer off seasons that we NASCAR fans have.
We have some changes to deal with in points and the chase. Then of course there is the new fuel and the new nose of the car. (I will say this- I LOVE the look of the new nose!) All of these go along with the usual shifting of drivers to different teams, sponsors and numbers changing- which always takes me about four races or so before I get them all programmed into my head. But what are we without change right?
Of course I am hoping this will be the best season yet for Stewart-Haas (and for Tony). Let’s go get that third championship for Tony! YEY!
That being said I have some Tony Stewart Autograph appearances to share with you if you are going to Daytona for Speedweeks, if you are going to the Las Vegas Race, or live within driving distance of Greenwood Indiana:
- On Tuesday February 15th Tony will be signing autographs at the Office Depot in Daytona Beach (1560 South Nova Road, Daytona Beach, FL 32114) at 4:00 pm local time. There will be 600 wristbands available to fans at the location starting at 8:00 am! One wristband per person, one autograph per wristband. Fans with wristbands MUST be in line no later than 5:00 pm.
- On Thursday March 3rd Tony is scheduled to do an autograph appearance at the Office Depot in North Las Vegas (1435 West Craig Road, North Las Vegas, NV) at 12:30 local time. There will be 600 wristbands available to fans at the location starting at 8:00 am! One wristband per person, one autograph per wristband. Fans with wristbands MUST be in line no later than 1:30 pm. (Misty and I are planning on being at this one! So say Hi if you see us!)
- On Tuesday March 15th Tony will be doing an autograph appearance at the JD Byrider located at 1703 US 31 South in Greenwood Indiana at 5:00 pm. There will be 800 wristbands available for this one starting at 11:00pm at the location. One wristband per person, one autograph per wristband.
Just to remind you that the Tony Stewart Foundation is still doing Checkered Flag Fridays – where the first Friday of every month the foundation lists several ebay auctions with autographed items. Some items are unique items- its a fun way to support both Tony and his foundation! If anyone is looking for a belated birthday present for yours truly look no farther than this particular Checkered Flag Friday auction. I kid I kid…kinda.
Also if you tweet…I hope you will join me this season in the return of the #goTONYgo hashtags to show support for Tony and the 14 team!!
Well greetings out there to all my readers!!! It’s that time of year isn’t it? The time when going to the mall makes one crazy because there is no parking and the weather is crappy and there are people everywhere and stores are sold out of what you want and really all you want to do is “wad up some cash and throw it at people” (direct quote from Misty) instead of trying to find gifts…but somehow think that my 3 year old and 9 month old nephews wouldn’t really go for the wadded up cash approach. Maybe that’s just me (and Misty). Anyway- if you have a Stewart-Haas Racing fan, a Tony Stewart fan, a Ryan Newman fan, or a NASCAR fan on your list here are some gift suggestions for this year:
1. For Stewart-Haas Racing fans (in particular Tony Stewart fans) I highly suggest the new Office Depot Racing 2011 calendar:
I mean who can resist 12 full months of Tony Stewart (and crew). It’s available at most (but not all) Office Depot locations as well as ONLINE.
2. Office Depot is again this holiday season selling their Teddy B. Caring bears (as seen here with Tony Stewart):
Proceeds from the bear go to The Office Depot Foundation which has many programs throughout the year for children and families, including the ever popular National Backpack Program which supplies new backpacks and book bags filled with school supplies to children in need. It’s a program that Tony Stewart himself has worked with for two years now helping the foundation hand out the backpacks and book bags to children and service organizations. Tony says, “It’s amazing to see the look on a child’s face when they receive a new backpack and are able to head back to school with an extra boost of confidence. Every child deserves that, and I would like to encourage everyone to consider giving a Teddy B. Caring bear as a gift this holiday season in support of the great work the Office Depot Foundation does all year long.” The bear is a 16 inch GUND bear available at Office Depot. Or you can also pick up a smaller version that is an ornament/ gift card holder.
3. You can make a donation to the Ryan Newman Foundation or Tony Stewart Foundation on behalf of your fan. Both drivers are heavily involved in giving back. The Ryan Newman Foundation focuses it’s efforts on getting the message out there to Spay and Neuter pets- to help prevent overpopulation, urges pet seekers to get their pets from shelters or rescues. They also heavily support conservation efforts to perserve the great outdoors for future generations AND support the Rich Vogler Scholarship program for youth interested in careers in auto racing. The Tony Stewart Foundation‘s mission services children with life-threatening illnesses, abused and endangered animals and injured drivers. I have had the pleasure in our interviews with Tony of talking to him about his foundation and it’s amazing to watch his countenance change when he starts talking about children and animals especially.
4. You can also find great Stewart-Haas Racing gear and gear for both drivers on sale over at the Stewart-Haas Racing online store. Each driver also has a separate online store: Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman. You can get everything a fan could dream of between the three sites.
5. And I have to bring up my favorite NASCAR book that I have read so far this year…and that is The Weekend Starts On Wednesday. The book is an ode to and of NASCAR Fans. It’s a great read that most any NASCAR fan will enjoy. I have read it and it truly makes me proud to be a NASCAR fan. The author is witty and the book is extremely well written. I highly recommend it!
Don’t miss this last opportunity to buy your SMOKE’S CAMARO Raffle Tickets. The last day to buy tickets is MONDAY AUGUST 30th. The Drawing is Tuesday August 31st. Buy now before it’s too late and you could walk away with a brand new CAMARO or other prizes. Good Luck.
Remember all proceeds benefit the Tony Stewart Foundation and their initiatives serving children, animals and injured drivers.
As of today, you have just under one month left to purchase tickets for that sweet 2010 Chevy Camaro that the Tony Stewart Foundation is raffling off. The drawing takes place on AUGUST 30th people! I have babbled on and on about this car because it is seriously sweet– even better than just your average 2010 Camaro because it has been enhanced by Unique Autosports:
- Strut wheels wear 22 inch Pirelli tires
- Strut grille
- K&N state of the art filter and intake system will boost power to 4oo bhp
- Borla Exhaust so your neighbors can hear when you are taking her out for a spin (ok the release says gives the car a “throaty roar”).
- Baer brakes
- Eibach suspension
- Spies Hecker paint on a Glam Effect body kit by Classic Design Concepts
- Roadwire leather interior
- Smoked tail lamps
- Tinted windows
- JL Audio equipment
What? You want some pictures? Sure! Here are some pictures of the 2010 Camaro display at the Brickyard a couple weeks ago:
Ok are you drooling yet? You should be! But if you aren’t drooling and grabbing for your wallet yet maybe this will entice you. The winner of the Camaro also gets:
- all-expense paid trip to Stewart-Haas Racing in Kannapolis, NC
- personal VIP Meet & Greet with Tony Stewart, who will hand over the keys to your new car
- delivery of Camaro to your home.
Personally- I think that the trip to Kannapolis alone (regardless of the car) is worth the price of the raffle ticket add to that a SHWEET car and a personal VIP Meet & Greet with Tony Stewart.
Still have reservations? Well then let’s talk about the good YOU will be helping the TONY STEWART FOUNDATION do. The Tony Stewart Foundation grant program serves children, animals and injured drivers. Remember that since it’s inception in 2004, the Tony Stewart foundation has awarded $4.5 million dollars to charitable organizations including: Victory Junction Gang Camp, Indiana Canine Assistance Network, Camp Riley/Riley’s hospital for children, various camps serving special needs children, various animal rescue groups (including The Friends Of Ferdinand), the Sam Schmidt Paralysis Foundation, USCA Benevolent fund and well the list can go on and on.
Well then where do I sign up you ask? You can purchase your raffle ticket at SmokesCamaro.com for $50 for one, $75 for two or $100 for three. What’s better? They are only going to sell at MOST 10,000 tickets BUT as of this writing less than half the tickets have been sold (there are currently 6413 tickets available for purchase). And remember there are 14 other runner up prizes if you do NOT get chosen as the winner of the camaro that are valued anywhere from $50.00 to $225.00 and include a variety of Tony Stewart autographed memorabilia.
LESS THAN ONE MONTH PEOPLE….let’s sell some tickets!
I can’t even remember the last time I did a bullet post for you all and I have some NASCAR thoughts to share that don’t deserve their own post but deserve to be mentioned:
- My fantasy league? I haven’t even checked my standings for the last month or so because I was sure I was tanking. I checked today. Confirmed- am definitely TANKING! I am currently 85th out of 114!! I blame the majority of this on Brian Vicker’s blood clots. I picked him as one of my drivers because he tends to be up there towards the front. But now that he’s out of the seat the team hasn’t been doing so hot. Bah. Tony and Dale Jr have been doing better- so they are the reason I went up 2 places after Sonoma (yeah see 87th not so hot) so YEY for that but this is just a sad sad team this year. (By the way- I still love Brian Vickers…I really do and I don’t honestly blame him for my team tanking).
- We are 10 races away from the CHASE cut off. Don’t think I don’t know that and don’t think that just because Tony’s moved back up into the top ten (YEY GO TONY GO!!!!) that I have relaxed one bit about watching points. Of course I have been watching points since Daytona…so that says nothing. I know Tony says he’s not worried about it…but…I am.
- So you probably noticed my Sonoma post, while it had a pretty picture left much to be desired? It was because I was bummed I wasn’t there like I was last year. Oh and…I know that Valli would cover it well and in depth. Which she is doing- she got the chance to interview more drivers -so be sure to check out The Fast and the Fabulous for that…she also came up with a catchy title for one of her Sonoma posts: To Infineon and Beyond…why can’t I think of good titles like that?. Oh and she got to experience the confrontation between Said’s crew chief and Tony Stewart first hand. Check that out here…and while you are there look for the picture of Kevin Harvick hugging Tony’s dad…while Tony squats and messes with his shoe…cute!
- For those of you in New Hampshire, Ryan Newman will be signing autographs at his merch trailer tomorrow June 25th from 3:30 -4:30 (time subject to change based on qualifying draw- check the trailer for more information).
- Don’t forget that if you own a small business you should enter the The Official Small Business of NASCAR contest from Office Depot Racing.
- You also have a little more than a month to buy your raffle ticket for Smoke’s Camaro. You have the change to win a bitchin’ 2010 Chevy Camaro customized by Unique Autosports. Proceeds benefit the Tony Stewart Foundation and their many initiatives supporting criticially ill children, various animal charities and injured drivers. Go to SMOKESCAMARO.com for more information.
Ok- I admit I just giggled to myself after typing that title. I mean how is “You Could Own A Man and His Monkey” NOT funny? Maybe it’s just me and my 13 year old sense of humor. What am I talking about? I am actually talking about art! I If you have seen the new Tony Stewart ArmorAll Commercial or some of the Webisodes of The Rookie you have seen this painting. It’s a painting of Tony sitting in true debonair fashion and sitting next to him is Mojo, his monkey. They are wearing matching jackets. I would LOVE to own this (I really think they are missing the boat in not making posters of it- I would buy two). Anyway- you have the opportunity to OWN this painting and Tony will even autograph it.
All proceeds from the auctioning of the painting will go to THE Tony Stewart Foundation.
The bidding starts tomorrow June 4th. You will find it listed at THE Tony Stewart Foundation Ebay auction site. Remember the proceeds go to The Tony Stewart Foundation to support their mission of helping children, animals and injured drivers. There will also be other items from the ArmorAll Commercial shoot up for grabs at the Tony Stewart Foundation Ebay Auction site so even if you don’t want “A Man and his Monkey” (and are you insane? I would own it just because it’s called A Man and his Monkey) there might be something there you are looking for that can help support The Tony Stewart Foundation. Good luck! I know you will enjoy this painting (or other memorabilia).
Another way to support the Tony Stewart Foundation is to purchase a raffle ticket to win Smoke’s Camaro (as seen on Unique Autosports Miami- don’t watch the show though- it will just make you drool all over for want of that car). There is one more Early Bird drawing left on June 14th with the drawing for the car on July 26th. Wish me luck. I WANT THAT CAR!
Also don’t forget that The Prelude To The Dream charity Late Model race at Eldora is JUNE 9th (that’s this wednesday folks). It’s available via Pay-Per-View- check your local listings. Proceeds to benefit multiple children’s hospitals.