Remember back when NASCAR ’14 (the video game) was running a Facebook competition where NASCAR fans could vote for who was going to be on the cover? I voted EVERY SINGLE round for Tony. I figured it was a way I could support my driver while he was on the mend from his broken leg. I guess a bunch of my fellow Tony Stewart fans felt the same way I did because as many of you already know Tony Stewart won. In the end he was up against driver Jeff Gordon (whom I might add is usually second in the Most Popular Driver voting- second to Dale Earnhardt Jr.) so I was a little surprised…but not THAT surprised. Tony Stewart fans had banded together to show their support. Well guess what? That game is coming out in just a little over a month! NASCAR ’14 is scheduled to be released on February 18 for XBox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC!
I will admit it right here right now: for a professional geek (I work in technical customer service/support in the educational field) I am not a big gamer. I figure I am in front of a computer 40 hours a week for my day job, more at home for my blog. Whatever other screen time I have in a week goes to things like facebook (of course), personal photo editing, and other stuff like that. I WILL admit that I do play Words with friends (hey that is technically facebook right?) and recently I have gotten pulled back into TheSims with their FreePlay ap for Kindle but other than that I am not a big gamer. I do have the gamer gene though- my dad is a big fan of COD, and lately World of Tanks. However- if my driver- Tony Stewart is on the cover of a game? I will own that game! I will play that game! I can’t wait for the release of NASCAR ’14.
“You want to show all those wanna be knuckleheads out there what it means to drive…” Tony Stewart in the NASCAR ’14 ad (see video below)
So I didn’t even need to see the ad to know that I would own NASCAR ’14…but the ad? It’s so good. I absolutely love love LOVE this ad:
Here are some features of NASCAR ’14 the game if you are interested:
- NASCAR Highlights: Take advantage of “NASCAR Highlights” to determine the outcome of the biggest race thrills from the season. Eutechnyx recreates the action where the condition of the cars is exact, weather the same, track positions identical – the only difference is you!
- Career Mode: Work your way through the ranks in a comprehensive career mode; complete with custom car builds, sponsor acquisition, and R&D to get your team into victory lane.
- Official Teams & Tracks: Race against the official NASCAR teams & drivers on your favorite tracks from the high banks of Daytona, to the twists & turns of Sonoma, and exhilarating speed of Talladega.
- Leagues: Take competition to the next level and host online leagues with your friends, fully supported by dynamic statistics, challenges, rankings and replay.
- Online Multiplayer: Take advantage of dynamic skill-based matchmaking, tournaments, and easy drop in/out server browser functionality for a fair and enjoyable experience.
It looks fun to me: